none
Microsoft Research AutoCollage 2008 Rotating some pictures in co0llage 90 degrees RRS feed

• Question

•   when using Autocollage 2008 in Windows 10 some of the pictures get rotated 90 degrees.  They are not rotated in the original file.  Not all images get rotated.  Sometimes it does 2 or 3, sometimes almost all pictures.  didn't do this in windows 7.  I tried rotating them in the file but it doesn't make a difference.  Any fixes?
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:15 PM

All replies

• Me too only happened after upgrade to Win10 and on my new computer running Win 10.

Come on Microsoft give us an answer, it is a great program or it was before this started happening.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 9:57 AM
  • Did you ever get a solution to this problem? With Windows 10 I made a collage successfully with portrait and landscape photos but now I'm having the same problem as you with some rotated 90 degrees
    Sunday, May 21, 2017 5:17 PM
  • I have managed to resolve with a little bit of back & forth in the AutoCollage (AC) software.

1. For the pics that are rotated by AC which is usually the vertical ones, go to your Windows folder and rotate them the other way

2. Come back to AC and select the pics again. You will find that it now shows as per the orientation you set in Windows

3. Go back to Windows folder and rotate again back to normal orientation

4. Come back to AC and select the pics again. You will find that is now showing the way you want

5. If needed, repeat. I have managed to get my Collages working well- very troublesome routine though. If you find an equivalent software, do let me know!

Cheers

Sunday, August 20, 2017 2:06 AM
  • i am having same problem with auto collage love this programme so very disappointed tried your fix but it didnt work there must be some solution
    Monday, November 27, 2017 10:57 PM
  • if you open photos in a dedicated photo programme i.e. gimp the photos that are rotated in autocollage will also appear rotated and you will get a message popping up stating your image is rotated do you want to correct you click correct and then export image and replace original with corrected rotation
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:29 PM
  • I cropped a bit off the pictures that had been rotated and re-saved with a different file name. AC then brought them in the right way round, making me very happy!
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:48 PM