none
Is Jquery becoming absolute>please help me RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

Please let me know if you have any info on JQuery Absolute.Currently we RE using 1.9.1 version.Can we still upgrate the version to Latest one 3.6.4 or do will need to replace Jquery with Native Java Script.Please help me

Monday, May 10, 2021 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi

Add new version of jQuery in a testing mode

In this step, we'll add code to test if migrating to the latest jQuery version breaks anything for your site. 

Website > Pages.

Scroll down until you see jQuery.

First, check to see if the "Include jQuery" checkbox is selected.

If you have version 1.7, proceed to the next step. If you have version 1.1, you will see {% set oldjQueryVersion = 1.7 %} change the number 1.7 to 1.11. This will ensure that the correct version of jQuery is loaded on your page when testing.

Now check if checkbox for "Load included jQuery library from your footer" is enabled. 

If it's unchecked, change the text "footer" to "head" where you see{% set oldjQueryLocation = "footer" %}.

Locate the jQuery checkbox and uncheck it.

Save the settings.

• Proposed as answer by HollyJ1 Tuesday, May 11, 2021 1:17 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2021 2:33 PM
  • Thank you, Can we please elaborate more. How can i add new version in testing mode. Is it in visual studio or on the website. Please let me know how can i proceed
    Tuesday, May 11, 2021 3:00 AM
  • That might help.
    Saturday, May 15, 2021 6:45 AM
  • I've gotten mocked by more experienced designers for proposing to individual early JS engineers that jQuery merits learning; notwithstanding, they never give me a clarification with respect to why. Generally I'm informed that with libraries like Vue and Rakish jQuery isn't required for its size. However, don't these libraries depend on jQuery and is it absolutely futile to learn jQuery?

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 8:50 AM
  • I have the same problem as you, it's annoying
    Friday, July 23, 2021 4:11 AM
  • That's because they all switched to frameworks like React or Angular.
    Monday, August 23, 2021 6:45 PM
  • by absolute you mean obsolete? 

answer is probably yes

Monday, September 20, 2021 11:59 PM
  • Thanks for sharing this post. icustomerservicenumber.net
    22 hours 58 minutes ago