none
Installing Reporting Services on Windows Server 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello !

I'm trying to install the CRM on windows server 2019, and for that I have to download the SQL server first but when I download it and try to start the CRM download, it seems that some files are missing like Reporting Services.

When I tried to install Reporting Services, a problem appears stating that installing Reporting Services on a domain controller is not supported. Can you please help me to solve this problem?

thanks.

Saturday, February 5, 2022 9:25 AM

All replies

• Reporting Services uses the HTTP Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) service to establish encrypted connections to a report server. If user have a certificate (.cer) file installed in a local certificate store on the report server computer, user can bind the certificate to a Reporting Services URL reservation to support report server connections through an encrypted channel.

Because Internet Information Services (IIS) also uses HTTP SSL, there are significant interoperability issues that user must account for if user run IIS and Reporting Services on the same computer.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022 2:05 PM
  • How do I install and configure SQL Server Reporting Services 2019?
    Wednesday, April 27, 2022 10:21 AM
  • I think this will help......
    Monday, June 6, 2022 3:19 AM
  • im also facing issues. can anyone help?
    Monday, June 6, 2022 4:39 PM
  • To install SQL Server Reporting Services, do the following:

Open SQLServerReportingServices.exe. The following screen will be displayed:

Click Install Reporting Services. The following screen will be displayed:

Select the Enter the product key option, and type the product key for SQL Server 2017.
    Click Next. The following screen will be displayed:

In the Review the license terms screen, read the license terms. If you agree with the license terms, select the I accept the license terms check box.
    Click Next. The following screen will be displayed:

Select the location to install SSRS.
    Click Install. The following screen will be displayed:

Once the installation is completed, the following screen will be displayed

Restart the system.
    If you upgraded from the previous version of the SQL server to SQL Server 2017, and have a backup of your report server database and encryption, you have to select or restore the files in Report Server Configuration Manager.

Firstly, restore the backup of the report server database via SQL Server Management Studio.
    Start Report Server Configuration Manager, and connect to the SQL server.
    In Report Server Configuration Manager, select the report server database in the Database menu, and restore the backup of the encryption key in the Encryption keys menu.

Greeting,

Ross Smith

Tuesday, August 9, 2022 5:45 AM