none
Who designed this interface? RRS feed

• Question

• Am I missing something here?

You provide a tool which looks for New, Deleted and Overwrite operations across files and folders and list all the operations in a checked listbox.

This (to me) indicates that you think that people may want to remove certain operations by removing the "tick".

Would it be a stretch to assume that people may want to "untick" say....all the Overwrite operations but leave the new, folder create...?

So how might you do this with 10,000 overwrites detected by the software?  Erm, uncheck 10,000 checks?????

Surely it is obvious that a quick way to exclude all Overwrite or New or Folder creates would be useful.  How about "Shift select" to select all the overwrites and then unchecking one unchecks all those selected.

the software seems to love detecting overwrites that don't need to be done, why? And having a quick facility to exclude them would make the tool usable.

Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hi -

Have you tried to use the List Box on top of the Preview Pane that says "Go To" and shows you a list of the operations. Default is "All Operations" but you should be able to see "New","Deleted"and "Overwrite" as well. You can then right click on the check box to select or deselect them all. I believe that should fix your problem

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:51 PM

All replies

• Hi -

Have you tried to use the List Box on top of the Preview Pane that says "Go To" and shows you a list of the operations. Default is "All Operations" but you should be able to see "New","Deleted"and "Overwrite" as well. You can then right click on the check box to select or deselect them all. I believe that should fix your problem

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:51 PM
  • it is 2015 and I have still not worked out how to do this - uncheck all overwrite operations.  Has anyone else ever found a way to do this?

David Slight

Friday, November 13, 2015 11:57 PM
  • Well it's 2020 and still can't uncheck all overwrite operations. The suggested use of the "Go To" List Box does not help as it is exactly as named it just goes to the first entry of that category. It would be much more helpful if it were a filter which is what it would be in most applications.
    Wednesday, April 1, 2020 11:22 AM