Invalid User Authorization Error RRS feed

• Question

• We just performed an upgrade of CRM 3 to CRM 4.  I am a system administrator on their system, but I am getting the error message below.  I am a user in the system, and nothing has changed from when I could access the 3.0 to the 4.0 system as far as CRM is concerned. 

Invalid User Authorization
    The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid.

What would be causing this error now.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 4:46 PM

Answers

• THE KB article was about 3.0, but I double checked and the article anyway, and it didn't resolve the issue.  Also, All other users haven't had any issues with accessing the system, it was just me.  My guess it has to deal with my name change, but I can't create a new user because it says I already have an acccount that is uses that domain login, so my I can't create a new one, and my old account doesn't work either.

Any ideas.

• Marked as answer by Robin Welt Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:27 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 6:13 PM

All replies

• please have a read at following kb article
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/860612

Monday, November 16, 2009 5:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Did you try first logging into CRM with the user account that performed the upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0?  If not, try that account first and see if it works.  Then check your other user accounts.  Also, be sure to reboot your CRM server after the upgrade and check the event viewer to see if there are any errors logged.  Check all your services to ensure they are starting as expected and there are no issues.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, November 16, 2009 5:39 PM
  • THE KB article was about 3.0, but I double checked and the article anyway, and it didn't resolve the issue.  Also, All other users haven't had any issues with accessing the system, it was just me.  My guess it has to deal with my name change, but I can't create a new user because it says I already have an acccount that is uses that domain login, so my I can't create a new one, and my old account doesn't work either.

Any ideas.

• Marked as answer by Robin Welt Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:27 PM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 6:13 PM
  • You'll need to backup your database and then edit your 'domainname' in your SystemUser record in SQL to match your new AD name.  (assuming you've changed your existing AD user account name, and not just created a new AD user.)

Be very careful - editing your record in SQL could render your ID invalid. -
    Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Monday, November 16, 2009 10:31 PM
  • This most often happened to me when one of my users got married and we changed their windows login. - we would update thier AD account and also update the 'domainname'.

*This does not allow you to re-assign it to a different AD account - since the GUID in the CRM record is bound to the AD account's guid as well. - it's just that if the windows login name doesn't match the 'domainname' field in the CRM userrecord, you'll not be able to log-in to CRM.
    Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Monday, November 16, 2009 10:38 PM
  • Hi Robin -

I see you've marked your comment as the answer, but I'm not sure what your resolution actually was - can you clarify what was going on?

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:55 PM
  • I can not log on as administrator to the CRM. I always get the message: Invalid User Authorization. The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid.

CRM 4.5 - Windows 2008 R2

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:42 AM
  • Please refer to your other post. It looks like you posted this in 3 different places. I'm responding to the other post. Please don't post the same question multiple times. Thank you

Regards, Donna

Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:08 PM