none
Certified driver can not work on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

My driver needs to support both Windows 7 and Windows 10. I did HLK on Windows 10 and passed it, and the driver can work normally.

There are some problems when doing HCK:

1. When I submits hckx to Microsoft after HCK test under Windows 7 SP1, after the step of "Catalog creation", Prompt "We detected some issues while validating your package and are manually reviewing the package for additional filters.", but it didn't explain what issues it was, and the whole process was finished, all links were green ticks, and finally passed the certification. Return the zip file signed by Microsoft to me.

What could this issues be? So that I can avoid it later.

2. Under Windows 7 SP1, I installed KB4474419 + KB4490628 + KB931125. Then use the zip file certified by Microsoft to install the driver, which has the following phenomena:
    (1) After installing the driver, the driver can't start normally. When using sc start driver, you will be prompted "[sC] StartService FAILED 577: Windows can not verify the digital signature for this file."

(2) The program compatibility assistant will give the prompt: "Windows requires a digitally signed driver"

(3) But I directly look at the digital signature in the property of my driver, and I can see that the signature of the driver is correct. "The digital signature is ok."

There is a phenomenon that when checking the digital signature in the driver attribute, it will wait about 18 seconds for the first time to be displayed, and it will be displayed immediately the next time.

I would like to ask:
    What may be the cause of this problem?
    What should I do?

Thanks!

• Edited by Xiuzhi Sunday, January 30, 2022 12:37 AM change "signed" to "certified"
    Monday, January 24, 2022 3:21 AM