WHS on HPEX475 - bogus reports on workstation antivirus status RRS feed

• Pytanie

• I'm running WHS PP1 on an HPEX475.  Got 3 PC's attached - 2 XP and 1 Vista Ultimate.  For some reason, the HP WHS keeps showing "health problems" because my primary home computer, which is running Vista Ultimate, keeps showing up as the antivirus being out-of-date.  So whenever I fire up this Vista machine, the small WHS icon in the taskbar (lower right corner) shows an issue - and when I log into the WHS console and see the bogus antivirus message, I click "Ignore this issue" and I'm back to perfect (green) health.

McAfee is installed on that workstation and is valid till 2010.  The XP machines (also running Mcafee) don't have this error - only the Vista machine.  Again, got PP1 and all HP updates installed - how can I tell WHS to get this right?  Having to click "Ignore this message" is getting annoying.

Thanks in advance

środa, 6 sierpnia 2008 17:16

Odpowiedzi

• If you fix it on the Vista Ultimate machine then your will fix it on your home server.  Windows Home Server merely aggregates the Windows Security Center status from all machines running Windows Vista.  So on the Vista machine, open up Security Center from the Control Panel and remedy the situation there.
    Windows Home Server Team
    wtorek, 2 września 2008 22:57
  • Further to Todd's reply, there are differences between the security center in Vista and XP. In XP it doesn't give a full report to WHS, in Vista it does. So it may be that if your XP machines were running Vista, they would also report issues.

For what it's worth, I don't have problems of this sort with avast!

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    środa, 3 września 2008 03:24

Wszystkie odpowiedzi

• If you fix it on the Vista Ultimate machine then your will fix it on your home server.  Windows Home Server merely aggregates the Windows Security Center status from all machines running Windows Vista.  So on the Vista machine, open up Security Center from the Control Panel and remedy the situation there.
    Windows Home Server Team
    wtorek, 2 września 2008 22:57
  • Further to Todd's reply, there are differences between the security center in Vista and XP. In XP it doesn't give a full report to WHS, in Vista it does. So it may be that if your XP machines were running Vista, they would also report issues.

For what it's worth, I don't have problems of this sort with avast!

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    środa, 3 września 2008 03:24
  • Here is a nice solution

an antivirus comparison site:

rebrand.ly/top-antivirus

poniedziałek, 19 czerwca 2017 08:41