locked
WHS Antivirus solution RRS feed

  • 问题

  • Has anyone any recommended antivirus solutions for WHS RC1?

     

    I was thinking of trying AVG but wondered what experience others have had with antivirus programs running on the server.

    2007年6月26日 10:06

答案

全部回复

  • I have a list of compatible antivirus software if it is off any help to you.
    2007年6月26日 10:47
    版主
  •  PhillTheChill wrote:
    I have a list of compatible antivirus software if it is off any help to you.

     

    Nice site Phil.

     

    gib

    2007年6月26日 11:10
  •  PhillTheChill wrote:
    I have a list of compatible antivirus software if it is off any help to you.

    Thanks Phil

     

    Very sweet list.

     

    But doh.  A search under the antivirus topic on this forum also pointed me to AVG (server edition) and Avast as possible candidates. 

     

    Since Avast is free for non commecial use, this would be ideal for a trial.of WHS.  The link is http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html but I haven't tried it yet.

     

    OH

     

     

    2007年6月26日 11:38
  •  Ozone Hole wrote:

    Since Avast is free for non commecial use, this would be ideal for a trial.of WHS.  The link is http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html but I haven't tried it yet.

     

    DOH again.  Only the server edition works.

    2007年6月26日 12:06
  • I have another updated post More Anti-Virus Software for WHS with some more options.
    2007年6月26日 23:35
    版主
  • Don't forget about Trend Micro. I have been using the Client Server Suite ($150 for 5 users). It has a web based console that can be installed on the server and a client piece for the server and PCs in the home. It's 64 bit compatible and easy to setup and use. They also have a 30 day trial.

    https://trendmicro.ltg.info/smbshop/productdetail.aspx?PID=CSNN003305&CUR=840

     

    Just my two cents.

    2007年7月6日 3:24
  • I also have Trend Micro client server suite for smb (trial), problem is that prices in Europe are much much higher. I have not been able to find any store  with reasonable prices in EU
    2007年7月6日 9:27
    版主
  • Hi Bullguard will work with SBS so it should work with WHS there is a link though my web site. http://www.sleger.com Thanks M
    2008年12月5日 20:03
  • I have been using CA (Computer Associates) "Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 2009" with WHS OS for a month or so and it seems to work well. System Requirements on the box state it works with Windows Home Server as well as other operating systems. I bought mine at CompUSA and it was free after rebate. Here's a link re same: http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4149480&Cat.

    Dave
    2008年12月6日 3:42
  • morphy, "works with SBS2k3" is not the same as "WHS compatible" when it comes to AV.
    Yes, WHS is built off of Server 2003; however, the Drive Extender system works rather differently than a 'normal' NTFS filesystem.  As such, an antivirus program needs to be written specifically for WHS (data loss/corruption, or other funky issues, are a real possibility if it's not.)

    -Chris
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    2008年12月6日 6:40
  • DavoFL said:

    I have been using CA (Computer Associates) "Anti-Virus Plus Anti-Spyware 2009" with WHS OS for a month or so and it seems to work well. System Requirements on the box state it works with Windows Home Server as well as other operating systems. I bought mine at CompUSA and it was free after rebate. Here's a link re same: http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4149480&Cat.

    Dave

    Just a note that the rebate is a competitive upgrade rebate. You'll have to prove purchase of one of their defined competitive products.

    2008年12月8日 19:54
  • Dave, can you point to where CA claims that this product is compatible with WHS? I can find nothing on their web site...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    2008年12月9日 16:11
    版主
  • I ended up purchasing a years subsription to Avast's WHS Add-In.  It works very well with my server and works with any existing Avast Clients on your home network.  Even the free versions. 
    2008年12月9日 17:28
  • Good and smart choice
    Bud - Alameda, CA
    2008年12月9日 21:47
  • Ken Warren said:

    Dave, can you point to where CA claims that this product is compatible with WHS? I can find nothing on their web site...


    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)



    No problem Ken, I just looked on the CA box (side of box actually) to confirm the AV software works with WHS...sure nuff, it states clearly under "System Requirements" that it will work with "Windows Home Server". FYI, I checked out most of the popular anti-virus software that reports to work with WHS before I decided on CA...frankly, I didn't want to spend alot of $$$ on anti-virus software. This one installed w/out a hitch and has been working on my server continually for about a month now w/out any problems. Strange the website doesn't say it works w/WHS...go figure!!!

    Dave
    2008年12月10日 2:55
  • Here is a nice solution

    an antivirus comparison site:

    rebrand.ly/top-antivirus

    2017年6月19日 8:42