none
SCEP-Support for this operating system has ended and SCEP is no longer protecting your PC RRS feed

• 问题

• Dear Team,

As attached, we met SECP issue that Support for this operating system has ended and SCEP is no longer protecting your PC.

Regarding to the status shown in attached file, please advise which way can go to solve our issue? 

Thanks.

Robbie Ma

NNIT

**Notes:

Cause of this account is still in verifying, all attachments has been sent to Coco Zhao (Wicresoft North America) <v-coczha@microsoft.com>. Please contact her for the issue details. 

2018年8月13日 7:03

答案

• Hi Robbie,

Very sorry for my delay.

Please try the following MS article for troubleshooting this error “support for this operating system has ended and system center endpoint protection is no longer protecting your PC.” on SCEP.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/protect/deploy-use/troubleshoot-endpoint-client

May I know that your current endpoint protection client is Windows XP?

PCs running Windows XP should not be considered to be truly protected, even with anti-malware signatures and updates to the engine, and it is important to complete your migration to a current supported operating system so you can receive regular security updates to protect your computer from malicious attacks. Anti-malware products have limited effectiveness on a PC which is not up-to-date with all the security updates.

We also have found in our research that the effectiveness of antimalware solutions on out-of-support operating systems is limited. Given the fast pace of technology, it has become increasingly important that customers use modern software and hardware that is designed to help protect PCs and servers against today’s threat landscape. For this reason, there is no guarantee that every OS that reaches end-of-life will be provided a grace period.

For more information about this topic, we can refer to the following blog,

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2014/03/27/fep-and-scep-anti-malware-protection-support-after-oses-reach-end-of-life/

Hope above information can help you. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• 已标记为答案 Robbie Ma 2018年10月25日 8:22
    2018年9月3日 9:03
    版主
  • Hi Robbie,

I’m very sorry that I missed your update.

Microsoft is ending support for the Windows Server 2003 operating system on July 14, 2015. After that date, this product will no longer receive: Security patches that help protect PCs from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. We can refer to the following link that we could also query other versions lifecycle.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/lifecycle/search/?p1=3198

Due to Win 2003 used the same OS-based version as XP, accordingly and especially, security updates for built-in firewall and AV like SCEP anti-malware protection were no longer release out of lifecycle.

So we strongly suggest you migrate to current OS versions for greater security, performance and innovation.

<<which way can still help to get the continuous protection of scep?

Yes, based on my experience, we can still search and utilize some third party security products which are compatible within your windows version. Please note: It is not recommended to enable two or more security Anti-Virus software on one PC.

Here's the thread discussed security products support windows 2003 for your reference. Hope this helps.

Server 2003 Antivirus reccomendations

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

2018年9月27日 14:38
    版主

全部回复

• 

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Michael

2018年8月14日 5:49
    版主
  • Hi Robbie,

Very sorry for my delay.

Please try the following MS article for troubleshooting this error “support for this operating system has ended and system center endpoint protection is no longer protecting your PC.” on SCEP.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/protect/deploy-use/troubleshoot-endpoint-client

May I know that your current endpoint protection client is Windows XP?

PCs running Windows XP should not be considered to be truly protected, even with anti-malware signatures and updates to the engine, and it is important to complete your migration to a current supported operating system so you can receive regular security updates to protect your computer from malicious attacks. Anti-malware products have limited effectiveness on a PC which is not up-to-date with all the security updates.

We also have found in our research that the effectiveness of antimalware solutions on out-of-support operating systems is limited. Given the fast pace of technology, it has become increasingly important that customers use modern software and hardware that is designed to help protect PCs and servers against today’s threat landscape. For this reason, there is no guarantee that every OS that reaches end-of-life will be provided a grace period.

For more information about this topic, we can refer to the following blog,

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2014/03/27/fep-and-scep-anti-malware-protection-support-after-oses-reach-end-of-life/

Hope above information can help you. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

• 已标记为答案 Robbie Ma 2018年10月25日 8:22
    2018年9月3日 9:03
    版主
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your detailed answer and troubleshooting.

The answer to your question, is that the current endpoint proteciotn client is windows_2003_r2_server_enterprise_edition_service_pack_2.

As to your instruction, my question is

1. what is the end date of lifecycle for windows_2003_r2_server_enterprise_edition_service_pack_2?

2. the reason that the SCEP anti-malware protection is no longer to pretect PC, is because of end of life for windows_2003_r2_server_enterprise_edition_service_pack_2?

if so, except updating OS version, which way can still help to get the continuous protection of scep?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Robbie

2018年9月20日 3:26
  • Hi Robbie,

I’m very sorry that I missed your update.

Microsoft is ending support for the Windows Server 2003 operating system on July 14, 2015. After that date, this product will no longer receive: Security patches that help protect PCs from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. We can refer to the following link that we could also query other versions lifecycle.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/lifecycle/search/?p1=3198

Due to Win 2003 used the same OS-based version as XP, accordingly and especially, security updates for built-in firewall and AV like SCEP anti-malware protection were no longer release out of lifecycle.

So we strongly suggest you migrate to current OS versions for greater security, performance and innovation.

<<which way can still help to get the continuous protection of scep?

Yes, based on my experience, we can still search and utilize some third party security products which are compatible within your windows version. Please note: It is not recommended to enable two or more security Anti-Virus software on one PC.

Here's the thread discussed security products support windows 2003 for your reference. Hope this helps.

Server 2003 Antivirus reccomendations

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any question or concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

2018年9月27日 14:38
    版主
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your effort on clarifying. much appreciate it.

2018年10月25日 8:25
  • Hi Robbie,

You're welcome. Glad to hear that the information is helpful. 

Thanks for your support and sharing.

Best regards,

Michael

2018年10月25日 14:26
    版主