none
How to setup multiple DHCP Scopes on Windows Server? RRS feed

• 问题

• Hello experts,

I will deploy a Horizon View environment with multiple subnets(each subnet will be in it's own VLAN), and a windows server(VM) will be used as a DHCP server. If i don't want to touch the physical Switch/Router for DHCP relay, how to setup the DHCP service ?

Can i assign several vNIC's to the DHCP server VM, each VLAN with a vNIC, then create one DHCP scope for each VLAN/subnet ?

2017年5月28日 12:44

全部回复

• ??????
    2017年5月29日 1:00
  • Hi Wawayu,

> If i don't want to touch the physical Switch/Router for DHCP relay, how to setup the DHCP service ?

When DHCP server and DHCP clients not in the same subnets, we need to set up DHCP relay agent.

If you want to make DHCP server multi-homed, then the VM's vNICs still need to bind to physical NICs, so the VM host also need several physical NICs to connect to those VLANs to receive DHCP broadcast packets.

>then create one DHCP scope for each VLAN/subnet

We need to create different scopes for different VLANs. After creating the scopes, we may add them into superscope for manage.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2017年5月29日 9:36
    版主
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful ones as answer, if you have other concerns, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2017年6月9日 2:37
    版主