Need internet connection help, please. RRS feed

• 问题

• The last Windows OS I used was XP so I'm not familiar with Vista & now Win7. I just installed Win7 & cannot connect to the Internet & until I do I'm dead in the water.

It says I need a driver for my Netgear FA311 LAN card. So, I logged out of Win7 & re-booted to Ubuntu Linux, which is on a different drive, & got on the internet using this same FA311 card; did a search & found a driver that says it's compatible with Win7 for the FA311 but actually is for Vista. I put this on an SD card & rebooted to Win7 & installed the driver. Now, Win7 recognizes the driver but will not accept it. Is there another way to install this driver?
    2010年7月23日 1:59

答案

• Hi,

Please understand that this is a Windows 7 Chinese Forum. If you want to discuss the issue in English, please refer to Windows 7 English Forum below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro

It seems that Netgear does not release the FA311 LAN card driver for Windows 7. The third party network card driver should be developed by the third party manufacturer.

Based on the current situation, you may try to install the network card driver under Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Compatibility Mode. You may also try to install the Windows 7 built-in network card driver.

If both methods fail, please contact Netgear Support for more information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    2010年7月27日 1:49
    版主

全部回复