none
how many items we can add into files to exclude or include in Filescreen-> File Group properties? RRS feed

• 问题

• In File Screening Management, we want to create File Groups. May we know how many items or entry we can add into "Files to exclude" ? Also any limitation in "Files to include"

We are using Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 64bits

2013年5月21日 9:12

答案

• Since this limitation is not publicly documented, I think we have to dig it by ourselves.

I did a ProcMon, and found the configuration is saved in "C:\System Volume Information\SRM\Settings\SrmGlobalSettings.xml"

It is an XML document, each "File Group" is defined as such items:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

<FileGroup Name="TestLimit" Id="{0654e833-9282-41fb-880b-f65ba7ba0b5b}" Description="">
    <Members>
    <Pattern PatternValue="10000.txt" />
    <Pattern PatternValue="10001.txt" />
    </Members>
    <NonMembers>
    <Pattern PatternValue="20000.txt" />
    <Pattern PatternValue="20001.txt" />
    </NonMembers>
    </FileGroup>
    </FileGroups>

And, you can manually add more and more Patterns into this XML, then restart FSRM service to take effect, and then check if File Screening still works.

I believe you will be able to get the limitation by such approach, or, maybe there's even no limitation for the count of Patterns...

2013年5月22日 6:23

全部回复

• Seems there were no public documents answering this question.

Did you met some error when configuring the File Groups? or are you just curious about this limitation?

• 已编辑 Finy 2013年5月22日 4:13
    2013年5月22日 4:13
  • Thank you Finy

I did not meet any problem yet, but before enable this function , we want to know if any limitation. We need to create File group for *.EXE, with lots of xxxx.exe files to be excluded. So any idea ?

2013年5月22日 5:39
  • Since this limitation is not publicly documented, I think we have to dig it by ourselves.

I did a ProcMon, and found the configuration is saved in "C:\System Volume Information\SRM\Settings\SrmGlobalSettings.xml"

It is an XML document, each "File Group" is defined as such items:

<FileGroup Name="TestLimit" Id="{0654e833-9282-41fb-880b-f65ba7ba0b5b}" Description="">
    <Members>
    <Pattern PatternValue="10000.txt" />
    <Pattern PatternValue="10001.txt" />
    </Members>
    <NonMembers>
    <Pattern PatternValue="20000.txt" />
    <Pattern PatternValue="20001.txt" />
    </NonMembers>
    </FileGroup>
    </FileGroups>

And, you can manually add more and more Patterns into this XML, then restart FSRM service to take effect, and then check if File Screening still works.

I believe you will be able to get the limitation by such approach, or, maybe there's even no limitation for the count of Patterns...

2013年5月22日 6:23
  • Many thanks Finy.Though it is not a good answer, many thanks for your great effort.

2013年5月22日 9:47
  • Many thanks Finy.Though it is not a good answer, many thanks for your great effort.

It's my pleasure.

While, if you critically care about this limitation and want to get accurate info, I suggest you submit a case to Microsoft Support Service. (Pay attention, this maybe a Premier case, not a Personal or Professional case, since it's not a troubleshooting case)

2013年5月23日 6:26