none
Windows Server Backup 失败 RRS feed

• 问题

• The backup operation that started at '‎2014‎-‎01‎-‎23T07:55:04.117000000Z' has failed because the Volume Shadow Copy Service operation to create a shadow copy of the volumes being backed up failed with following error code '2155348129'. Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.

2014年1月23日 7:57

全部回复

• Hi,

Would you please also try if this problem remains when you run "backup once" and exclude the system volume? And would please let us know if you have ever seen any other errors or warnings related to VSS or Writers in the Application event log? You can find detailed steps at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734472(WS.10).aspx

Based on my research, this error code '2155348129' may be caused by the incorrect Active volume.

Please open the Disk Management console, located at "Server Manager\Storage\Disk Management" and see which partition has been marked as Active volume. If the Active volume is different from the volume in which you install the operating system, try changing the Active volume to the volume containing the operating system by using the following commands:

1. Open a command prompt as Administrator.

2. Run diskpart.

3. At the diskpart> prompt type "list disk" (without quotations), see which disks are listed there

4. At the diskpart> prompt type "list volume", see which volume is the volume containing operating system

5. At the diskpart> prompt type "select disk 0" <enter>.

6. At the diskpart> prompt type "select volume 2" <enter> (I assume the volume 2 is the volume containing operating system).

7. At the diskpart> prompt type "active" <enter>.

Note that this is just for a test and may lead to unbootable of your computer. Change the Active volume back to the previous one after this test.

Additionally, if you are using any iSCSI drives, disable the teaming NICs and see if it can work.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

2014年1月27日 9:58
    版主
  • Jeremy,

I have tried to do once backup and exclude the system volume. The result is the same.

Your right, the active volume is RECOVERY, not OS(C:) in whish the operating system is installed.  Do you mean I shoud make OS volume to Active?  Is it safe?

How do I know if I using iSCSI drives? and how to disable the teaming NICs?

thanks a lot

Tom last

2014年1月28日 3:02