none
How to change disk signature(disk ID) in windows server 2003 R2 SP2 X64 RRS feed

答案

• Dear Customer,

Based on my research since receiving your post, Please find below the procedure to put in place in order to change the disk signature of a disk in a cluster.

1. Make sure only 1 node of the cluster can access the volumes (shut down all other members (nodes))
    2. On the remaining online node of the cluster ; go to device manager ; view menu ; show hidden devices
    3. Disable the cluster disk & disable cluster network driver in device manager + disable the cluster server service in services.msc
    4. Reboot system ; you should now be able to access all clustered disks ; if not : check with HP the zoning / san configuration.
    a. This is because at this point your system is not using any cluster features for disk access anymore
    5. Use dumpcfg x64 edition to correct the physical signature on the volume -
    a. This tool essentially writes a custom signature to a disk

Dumpcfg.exe -S <new_signature> <disk_number>
    Dumpcfg.exe -S 52FE1824

b. Use the regedit to correct the signatures at the level of clustered disks

-for the signature of the resource disk used.
    Locate the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cluster\Resources\<GUID>\Parameters\Signature
    -for the signature of the disk used by the clusdisk a. Locate and delete the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Clusdisk\Parameters\Signatures
    Note There are several registry keys under the Signatures key. They are disk signatures for drives on the shared resource. This key and all subkeys are re-created the next time the Cluster service bring that disk resource online on that node. b. Quit Regedt32.exe. Document which disk signature belongs to each physical disk resource.

6. With all correct signatures in place ; enable again cluster network ; cluster disk & cluster server service
    7. Reboot
    8. Check in cluster administrator if groups have been formed
    9. Join other nodes (boot)
    10. Do failover tests to make sure every node sees all disks appropriately

Hope the above information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2009年3月25日 9:57
    版主

全部回复

• hi:

well! i suppose you have to look at your hard disk manufacturers, maybe they provide to modify the program ID of the hard disk.don't you think so?

Hope this helps you!

by-陈陈!
    silence-陈陈 如果你陷入困境,请不要抱怨错误,要从中吸取教训! Bill.Gates
    2009年3月24日 12:01
  • Hi

It is not ture  , I use two HP blade and IBM storage to create a MSCS cluster  . I use windows server 2003 x64  .  My back storage is IBM DS4700 , I want to move the cluster to IBM DS8000  . So the problem is how i can change the disk ID in my OS  . I can success this test in x86 server . But the dumpcfg.exe can not ues in x64  . So I just want to know how to change disk ID in x64 system  . Thanks!

Ryan.Zhou
    2009年3月25日 1:37
  • Dear Customer,

Based on my research since receiving your post, Please find below the procedure to put in place in order to change the disk signature of a disk in a cluster.

1. Make sure only 1 node of the cluster can access the volumes (shut down all other members (nodes))
    2. On the remaining online node of the cluster ; go to device manager ; view menu ; show hidden devices
    3. Disable the cluster disk & disable cluster network driver in device manager + disable the cluster server service in services.msc
    4. Reboot system ; you should now be able to access all clustered disks ; if not : check with HP the zoning / san configuration.
    a. This is because at this point your system is not using any cluster features for disk access anymore
    5. Use dumpcfg x64 edition to correct the physical signature on the volume -
    a. This tool essentially writes a custom signature to a disk

Dumpcfg.exe -S <new_signature> <disk_number>
    Dumpcfg.exe -S 52FE1824

b. Use the regedit to correct the signatures at the level of clustered disks

-for the signature of the resource disk used.
    Locate the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cluster\Resources\<GUID>\Parameters\Signature
    -for the signature of the disk used by the clusdisk a. Locate and delete the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Clusdisk\Parameters\Signatures
    Note There are several registry keys under the Signatures key. They are disk signatures for drives on the shared resource. This key and all subkeys are re-created the next time the Cluster service bring that disk resource online on that node. b. Quit Regedt32.exe. Document which disk signature belongs to each physical disk resource.

6. With all correct signatures in place ; enable again cluster network ; cluster disk & cluster server service
    7. Reboot
    8. Check in cluster administrator if groups have been formed
    9. Join other nodes (boot)
    10. Do failover tests to make sure every node sees all disks appropriately

Hope the above information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2009年3月25日 9:57
    版主