none
SCCM Server Hard Disk Full RRS feed

• 问题

• Dear All,

I have a SCCM server with only one partition which is almost full (above predefined threshold).

The server has no extra applications installed and I would like to make more space by deleting files inside the server.

I saw that in C:\Windows\SoftwareUpdate there are patch files from 2012 until now.

Am I able to delete those patch files (say, all files from 2012 to 2014) directly from the server?

Any possible impacts that affects the SCCM or desktops and servers attached to it?

Thanks in advance

Ben

2015年3月16日 5:39

答案

• Hi Ben,

The folder c:\Windows\SoftwareUpdates is not a default folder. It should be created by admin which maybe a folder for storing WSUS updates - you will need to confirm the exact things inside.

But generally if should be a WSUS folder and the files inside are updates which were published to client computers. You can check SCCM console to see if you can find the same files and delete them there.

Meanwhile in order to release hard disk space you can also move paging file from C: (by default it is in Drive C) to another drive.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已标记为答案 Goodben 2015年3月20日 5:17
    2015年3月20日 1:40
    版主

全部回复

• Dear All,

Anyone could help to answer this qestion? Or I have to further describe the situation?

Thanks in advance

Ben

2015年3月17日 4:05
  • Hi,

You submitted a thread into a Chinese forum (and it is for Windows 10). 

I moved it to Windows Server forum but if you have further requirement it is still recommended to post to English forum instead.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?category=windowsserver

Back to your question, do you mean "c:\windows\softwaredistribution" folder?  It is OK to delete files inside this folder, and sometimes we will also suggest customer to rename it for troubleshooting Windows Update related issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2015年3月17日 9:08
    版主
  • Hi Shaon,

Thanks for the remind, I am not very familiar with posting in MS Community, sorry for inconvenience caused.

The device I am talking about is a server (SCCM) which it has a folder named "SoftwareUpdates" under C:\Windows

Inside, it also contains patch files just like in c:\windows\softwaredistribution in desktop.

So from your recommendation it is OK to delete or move those old files away from the server and it will not having impacts on Windows Update record to servers and client PCs?

Thanks

Ben

2015年3月18日 3:17
  • Hi Ben,

The folder c:\Windows\SoftwareUpdates is not a default folder. It should be created by admin which maybe a folder for storing WSUS updates - you will need to confirm the exact things inside.

But generally if should be a WSUS folder and the files inside are updates which were published to client computers. You can check SCCM console to see if you can find the same files and delete them there.

Meanwhile in order to release hard disk space you can also move paging file from C: (by default it is in Drive C) to another drive.

• 已标记为答案 Goodben 2015年3月20日 5:17
    2015年3月20日 1:40
    版主
  • Hi Shaon,

Thanks for the tip.

Best Regards

Ben

2015年3月20日 5:18