none
Remote desktop service manager missing in Server 2016 RRS feed

• 问题

• It is unknown to me as of today the Microsoft has decided to remove this mmc snapin that was a quick management tool, if you needed to kill the process on the specific server or check the users currently logged on the servers. 

So, could MS give me back how to create it again in server 2016. 

I started researching if I can and to me seems that the tool from Windows 2008 R2 works on the Windows 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and Windows 10 as well! :-) So everything you need to do is to copy file from here: tsadmin and do following steps:

1. The zip consist 4 files, tsadmin.msc, wts.dll, tsadmin.dll and tsadmin.reg that I have created for this experiment to work.
    2. extract the files to c:\Windows\System32\
    3. Double click on the tsadmin.reg to add to the registry required information for the terminal services manager in order to load the MMC snapin
    4. Double click on the tsadmin.exe
    5. voila it works!

Hence, could MS give me above those files so that I may copy back to the server 2016? 

or you could provide us the other solution for it.

2019年11月25日 5:51

全部回复

• Hi Etak Eric,

This is a Chinese IT Pro General Discussions forum for Office system/applications. If you want to get help and answers in English, I suggest you ask questions in TechNet Office forum for help.

Considering the issue is mainly related to Remote Desktop Service in Windows Server 2016, I will help you move the thread to Windows Server System forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

2019年11月26日 1:58
  • Hi,

The mmc tool you mentioned has been removed, Remote Desktop Management Service (RDMS) is a new feature that is introduced in Windows Server 2012 (also applied to later OS version). RDMS simplifies administrative tasks in Remote Desktop and provide a centralized management solution for all Remote Desktop Services (RDS) role services and scenarios.

This management tool is installed with RD Connection Broker server role. Once RD CB has been installed, you can open Server Manager -> Remote Desktop Services to manage your RDS deployment. 

Screenshots as below:

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月27日 2:20
    版主
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月29日 2:18
    版主
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

2019年12月2日 7:04
    版主