none
Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'xxx', error code 0x6e.

问题

• I tried to use following statement to send email.

exec msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail
    @profile_name='MailTest',
    @recipients='v@163.com',
    @body='test',
    @subject='ddd'

it works well, but when I added another parameter @query='select Province from DataPk.dbo.Region', it shows the error:

Msg 22050, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
    Error formatting query, probably invalid parameters
    Msg 14661, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_send_dbmail, Line 504
    Query execution failed: Msg 15404, Level 16, State 19, Server SHost, Line 1
    Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'xxx', error code 0x6e.

The user 'xxx' used windows authentication, it seems if change the user to sql server authentication can resolve that problem, but unfortunately, i can't get an sql server authentication account, does anyone knows other resolutions?

2012年3月27日 7:09

答案

• So you can't connect to sql with windows authentication in ssms? Ensure you created sql login for that windows user and granted proper sql permission. 

2012年3月28日 14:57
  • Hi,

You could create a new login account to connect your remote sever with proper permission. Did your remote server allowed remote connection? If not, please change it.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012年3月29日 3:29
    版主

全部回复

• Can you logon sql with that windows user and run same query in ssms?
    2012年3月27日 14:00
  • yes, I can logon sql with that windows user but it shows the error above.

Then I changed to another user 'sa', it can run successfully(on my test ssms), but I can't get the 'sa' account on the remote server, just has the windows user.

2012年3月28日 6:31
  • So you can't connect to sql with windows authentication in ssms? Ensure you created sql login for that windows user and granted proper sql permission. 

2012年3月28日 14:57
  • Hi,

You could create a new login account to connect your remote sever with proper permission. Did your remote server allowed remote connection? If not, please change it.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012年3月29日 3:29
    版主