none
6 SIM card tested in Mobile boardband RRS feed

• 问题

• Now we are perform the Mobile boardband Type for Win7 & Win8 in HCK2.0.(The DUT is 3G dongle)

But we are confused about the requirement for GSM,the below picture shows that the test need 6 SIM card. As 6 SIM card, we have some questions as below, please kindly help to advise. Thank you!

1. Difference of Home SIM  Card & Roaming SIM card:

Roaming SIM means that the sim card is not located. For example: the SIM card is applied USA carrier(Like AT&T), but used in China by turing on roaming function. And it can be called "Roaming SIM Card", right?

2. Difference of data provisioned & no data provisioned:

My understanding is as below, which one is correct?

(A) I think "data provision" means that 3G SIM card, the mobile device can connect the network by using 3G SIM card.

"no data provision" means that 2G SIM card, the mobile device can not connect the net work by using 2G SIM card.

(B)I think "data provision" and "no data provision" are both 3G SIM card. But the "data provision" means that "Turn on" the network function. The "no data provision" means that "Turn off" the net work funtion.

6 sim card is as below, and reference from MSDN : 

* "Home" SIM with data provisioned

*"Roaming" SIM with data provisioned

*"Home" SIM with no data provisioned

*"Roaming" SIM with no data provisioned

*Bad SIM

* Inactive SIM

• 已编辑 TWSZ 2013年2月18日 8:59
    2013年2月18日 8:47

答案

• Now we are perform the Mobile boardband Type for Win7 & Win8 in HCK2.0.(The DUT is 3G dongle)

But we are confused about the requirement for GSM,the below picture shows that the test need 6 SIM card. As 6 SIM card, we have some questions as below, please kindly help to advise. Thank you!

Roaming SIM means that the sim card is not located. For example: the SIM card is applied USA carrier(Like AT&T), but used in China by turing on roaming function. And it can be called "Roaming SIM Card", right? A: Yes,it is right.

My understanding is as below, which one is correct? A: The B is right.

(A) I think "data provision" means that 3G SIM card, the mobile device can connect the network by using 3G SIM card.

"no data provision" means that 2G SIM card, the mobile device can not connect the net work by using 2G SIM card. A: No. no data provisioned is no any data provisioned with the SIM card. You can call your opera

(B)I think "data provision" and "no data provision" are both 3G SIM card. But the "data provision" means that "Turn on" the network function. The "no data provision" means that "Turn off" the net work funtion. A: yes, this is right.

*Bad SIM

* Inactive SIM

Answer in line, see above pls.

http://whqlcn.wordpress.com

2013年2月19日 17:41
    版主

全部回复

Roaming SIM means that the sim card is not located. For example: the SIM card is applied USA carrier(Like AT&T), but used in China by turing on roaming function. And it can be called "Roaming SIM Card", right? A: Yes,it is right.

My understanding is as below, which one is correct? A: The B is right.

"no data provision" means that 2G SIM card, the mobile device can not connect the net work by using 2G SIM card. A: No. no data provisioned is no any data provisioned with the SIM card. You can call your opera

(B)I think "data provision" and "no data provision" are both 3G SIM card. But the "data provision" means that "Turn on" the network function. The "no data provision" means that "Turn off" the net work funtion. A: yes, this is right.

*Bad SIM

* Inactive SIM

Answer in line, see above pls.

2013年2月19日 17:41
    版主
  • I can not find any "GSM" or "Mobile Boardband" information in this Link you provided.

or any keyword can give me to search?Thank you!

2013年2月20日 11:39
  • I can not find any "GSM" or "Mobile Boardband" information in this Link you provided.

or any keyword can give me to search?Thank you!

That is only a signature. Please see above.

2013年2月20日 18:08
    版主