none
what happens when RD / TS licensing server crash just when the expiring date comes? RRS feed

• 问题

• In one of my client's virtualizition environment , there are:

• RD / TS licensing service installed on Windows server 2008 R2, Hundreds of Windows 2008 RD hosts, hundrens of Windows 2003 TS server
    • Installed Windows 2008 / 2008r2 RDS Per User CALs and Windows 2003 RTS Per User CALs in RD / TS licensing server

After generate licensing reports, I found there is a column named "Expires On" , and value of it is around Jan 13 2013. Then I'm wondering how it caculates?

• What's the valid time when the server issue a CAL?
    • and most important of all, what happens if my RD / TS licensing server is down just when the expiring date comes, can the end user access RD session by entering a licensing grace period of 120 days, or the RD host just refuse any RD connections?

Waiting expert's answer

2012年11月20日 6:34

全部回复

• Hi,

Terminal Licensing server 120 day grace period is the longest time already. The grace period begins the first time the terminal server accepts a client connection. It ends after you deploy a license server and that license server issues its first permanent client access license (CAL), or after 120 days, whichever comes first. To extend the grace period, you can only rebuild the operating system.

You can refer to the following article:

Terminal Server Licensing grace period

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738962(WS.10).aspx

如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    Description: Description: TechNet 论坛好帮手立刻免费下载  TechNet 论坛好帮手

2012年11月21日 9:09
    版主
  • Hi,

Terminal Licensing server 120 day grace period is the longest time already. The grace period begins the first time the terminal server accepts a client connection. It ends after you deploy a license server and that license server issues its first permanent client access license (CAL), or after 120 days, whichever comes first. To extend the grace period, you can only rebuild the operating system.

You can refer to the following article:

Terminal Server Licensing grace period

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738962(WS.10).aspx

Thanks for your first reply.

I agree to your point of grace period.

But please be more kindly that my question is what is the valid time for an issued CAL, and what will happen if the valid time expires just when the RD host cannot contact RD Licensing services? You are not answering it or my question is not clear?

• 已编辑 nana1999 2012年11月21日 9:31
    2012年11月21日 9:29