windows XP : about domain user to unlock a computer RRS feed

• 問題

• hi , if a user did not use the computer , the windows will locked by the user account
    and it need a domain administrator to unlock the workstation.

Are there any policy or security setting can grant the right to a domain user so that other domain user can unlock that workstation??

thanks

2009年11月16日 16:15

所有回覆

• There have no policy setting can do that.

2009年11月27日 16:12
  • This is not allowed. If you lock your computer, and others can unlock it (Beside Administrators, for emergency propose). Do you think that this is security hole? If you don't think that this is, but almost 99% IT workers agree that. So.....It is the same happen for any OS.

Just like if you lock your phone, anyone pick it can unlock it, it is not safty in security too.
    大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝! Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK), MCT, MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
    2009年12月22日 4:27
  • This is not allowed. If you lock your computer, and others can unlock it (Beside Administrators, for emergency propose). Do you think that this is security hole? If you don't think that this is, but almost 99% IT workers agree that. So.....It is the same happen for any OS.

Just like if you lock your phone, anyone pick it can unlock it, it is not safty in security too.
    大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝! Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK), MCT, MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
    thank you for your reply.
    2009年12月22日 4:41
  • You are welcome.
    2009年12月22日 5:02