Vista Basic Hibernation Problem RRS feed

• 問題

• I recently bought a Fujitsu notebook with pre-installed Vista Basic.  Not far from the new purchase, I noticed that the Hibernation function is not working properly.  When I select Hibernation, the screen goes off and the harddisk keeps running for a while, which then stops and comes back up again (so does the computer).  During the entire process, the power light doesn't go off.

Any clue?  Thanks in advance!

2008年9月20日 4:10

解答

• Hi Ellis,

Thanks for your reply, I understood more now = ).

Does your laptop attach a mouse? or you just use touch pad?
    Does it even work before? If so, do you think your laptop may affected by an virus?

Does your laptop plug into company's network and you have set your network adapter allow to wake on LAN.
    Do you set any Task Schedule for your laptop?

Hope the following URL can help you solve the problem.
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_hibernate.htm#Premature_waking_from_hibernation

It said:
    <<All manner of software and hardware can trigger Vista to wakeup from Sleep or Hibernate.  Thus the first question is the old chestnut: 'Is this problem Hardware or Software?'>>

Hope this can Help = ).
    2008年9月22日 7:40

所有回覆

• Hi Ellis

I think when you select Hibernation mode. You laptop try to write the existing data into the Hard drive, there for the hard disk keep on running for a while.

The power light does not go off. Are you using battery or your laptop is plugged in with a electricity?
    When my laptop go on sleep/Hibernation mode. the power light will be flashing sometime, I guess it is used to indicate the computer has not been shut down.

Hope this help. (Please correct me if my concept is wrong)
    2008年9月20日 19:04
  • Thanks Chi.

The problem I stated happens both when the computer is running on battery or plugged to wall.  The problem I am having is the computer will come back on again without touching any key.  Therefore, it's NOT in hibernation.

To illustrate the problem I am experiencing:

Select Hibernation > Screen goes off > Harddisk runs for seconds > Harddisk stops > Harddisk runs (again) > Computer comes back on.

The entire process takes less than a minute.

Any help or hint is appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

2008年9月22日 3:34
  • Hi Ellis,

Thanks for your reply, I understood more now = ).

Does your laptop attach a mouse? or you just use touch pad?
    Does it even work before? If so, do you think your laptop may affected by an virus?

Does your laptop plug into company's network and you have set your network adapter allow to wake on LAN.
    Do you set any Task Schedule for your laptop?

Hope the following URL can help you solve the problem.
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/vista/vista_hibernate.htm#Premature_waking_from_hibernation

It said:
    <<All manner of software and hardware can trigger Vista to wakeup from Sleep or Hibernate.  Thus the first question is the old chestnut: 'Is this problem Hardware or Software?'>>

Hope this can Help = ).
    2008年9月22日 7:40
  •  

Chi, it WORKS!!

It was indeed a hardware config problem.  I followed the instruction and went through the device manager, and noticed that the Network Adapter was indeed in "wake up" mode.  I unchecked it, and now it hibernates just fine!

Many thanks!!

2008年9月23日 2:56
  •  

How do you get it to wake up ?

The screen has a spiraling arrow on it and say Hibernating

I have tried Fn F1  and Fn F7  to no avail.

HELP ???!

2008年10月7日 17:48
  • Hi Ellen,
    Which is Manufacturer of your laptop?
    Have you tried to press the "Power" Button to see if it works

Good luck.
    2008年10月7日 20:24