Questions on the HID mouse driver RRS feed

• 問題

• I am a newbie and have some problem with my new mouse, sorry if it is a stupid question.

I have bought a mighty mouse from Apple recently and the system applies the HID mouse driver on it. Altough it works fine, the 360 scroll was not available on most of the application except notepad.

When I search for the .inf file reaponsible for the HID mouse driver, I have found the "Apple mighty mouse" was in the list, and the config seemed to be detecting either Horizonal and Vertical scroll.

From "msmouse.inf"

%AppleMfg%=AppleMfg,NTx86            ; Apple (Line 78)

[AppleMfg.NTx86]  (Line 227)
    %HID\VID_05AC&PID_0304.DeviceDesc%=HID_AppleMightyMouse_Inst,, HID\VID_05AC&PID_0304  (Line 228)

[HID_AppleMightyMouse_Inst.NT]  (Line 470)
    Copyfiles = HID_Mouse_Inst.CopyFiles.NT

[HID_AppleMightyMouse_Inst.NT.HW]
    AddReg = HID_AppleMightyMouse_Inst.AddReg.NT

[HID_AppleMightyMouse_Inst.AddReg.NT]
    HKR,,"HScrollPageOverride",0x00010001,0x01
    HKR,,"HScrollUsageOverride",0x00010001,0x32
    HKR,,"VScrollPageOverride",0x00010001,0x01
    HKR,,"VScrollUsageOverride",0x00010001,0x38
    HKR,,"FlipFlopHScroll",0x00010001,0x01

[HID_AppleMightyMouse_Inst.NT.Services]
    AddService = mouhid,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,MouHid_Service_Inst  (Line 484)

AppleMfg="Apple"  (Line 548)

HID\VID_05AC&PID_0304.DeviceDesc="Apple Mighty Mouse"  (Line 671)

So I have discover that the file include the option on the mighty mouse and there is even a driver titled as "Apple mighty mouse", but they are all seemed to be useless. Please advice, thank you.

2008年11月3日 13:40

解答

• It really depends on how the application interpret the signal from the HID device.  Notepad is a simple application and not much UI interaction, that means there are limited UI component on the Notepad will response to the mouse signal and most of the driver should work fine in this application.  However, for other applications, e.g. browser, there are many UI components that you can interact on as the mouse is over that component.  Hence, an incompatible driver may not work correct on these applications.

2008年11月3日 15:21

所有回覆

• That's a common issue for using Apple Mighty Mouse in Windows.  If you really need that functionality, please refer to the following article for an unofficial driver of Apple Mighty Mouse in Windows: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=486205

2008年11月3日 15:04
  • Yes, I have found this before, and I would like to know why the HID driver can only support 360 scroll in notepad only and from the .inf above, it has H and V scroll value but it cannot response with the H scroll in other apps. thank you.

2008年11月3日 15:13
  • It really depends on how the application interpret the signal from the HID device.  Notepad is a simple application and not much UI interaction, that means there are limited UI component on the Notepad will response to the mouse signal and most of the driver should work fine in this application.  However, for other applications, e.g. browser, there are many UI components that you can interact on as the mouse is over that component.  Hence, an incompatible driver may not work correct on these applications.

2008年11月3日 15:21