Cannot setup Virtual PC RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Hi all

Please forgive me for being dumb on this one. I tried to create some virtual machines using Microsoft Virtual PC in Vista, I wanted to create a DOS (perhaps Windows 98), and a windows xp setup. I followed the wizard to create one, but when I try to start it, it does not boot, and just stop at a DHCP prompt with moving "\" cursor.

What can I do? I wish to capture running some stone age DOS program...

2008年11月6日 4:01

解答

•  Lenny Li wrote:

Hi all

Please forgive me for being dumb on this one. I tried to create some virtual machines using Microsoft Virtual PC in Vista, I wanted to create a DOS (perhaps Windows 98), and a windows xp setup. I followed the wizard to create one, but when I try to start it, it does not boot, and just stop at a DHCP prompt with moving "\" cursor.

After you create the Virtual Image by the wizard, you still have to insert the right OS setup disk in order to install the OS into the Virtual PC. It is the same as a real PC.

Some people may be thinking that, Virtual PC is also building the Win98 OS or DOS right away for you after you create it from the wizard. This is wrong.

2008年11月11日 2:17

所有回覆

• If you see the DHCP loading, that means the VM cannot find any bootable device..

1. Did you put the WIn98 setup disk to your ROM to install the OS?

2. You may also need to check if you have detach any harddrive which store the VM image?

ps :  press DEL while VM startup, enter the BIOS and check the boot device sequence.

2008年11月6日 4:56
  •  Lenny Li wrote:

Hi all

After you create the Virtual Image by the wizard, you still have to insert the right OS setup disk in order to install the OS into the Virtual PC. It is the same as a real PC.

Some people may be thinking that, Virtual PC is also building the Win98 OS or DOS right away for you after you create it from the wizard. This is wrong.

2008年11月11日 2:17