How can I downgrade from IE9 to IE8 RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear Experts

Recently I have upgrade to IE9, and I use PPPOE to connect to my ISP, when I use IE9 to access the internet after around 1 minute, I can not access internet anymore. but the PPPOE shown still connected in the network connection window.  But actually the internet access is halt in my PC. 

I examine the properties of the PPPOE network Icon, it become halt , also the program IE9 is halt, I need to restart my PC. 

My OS is window vista, the problem PPPOE halt is only happened when I use IE 9 to surf the internet. If I don't use IE9, just use command window to ping the GW IP, it is no problem forever.

I try to download another browser like Chrome to seem whether the problem is IE9 related. But I found the system does not allow other browser to install properly, even I use Firefox. After installation of Chrome and Firefox, the program can not be started. 

I had installed Chrome in IE8, it is worked, but now in IE9 problems are occurred.

Please advise how sure I do,

Thanks a lot.

2011年6月28日 7:08

解答

• Hi,

It is very odd, IE 9 should not prevent any other bowser. I suggest you may try following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1.       Scan virus in your computer.

2.       Try to use another computer with IE 9. Check whether the problem occurs again.

3.       Use “IP config -all” command to export the IP configuration when the networking failed.

4.       Also I want to know how you establish the PPPOE connection? The build-in tool or a third-party tool?

“But the PPPOE shown still connected in the network connection window. But actually the internet access is halt in my PC. “

I just wonder how do you think about this?

Please understand, PPPOE is based the Network Layer, but Internet Explorer is based Transport Layer, Session Layer and Presentation Layer. There has been no relationship between them.

I really don’t recommend you to uninstall this program.

Whatever, here is the method for uninstalling IE 9:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    2011年7月1日 9:13
  • Hi, your situation is weird and IE should not prohibit the installation of other browsers (e.g. Chrome and FireFox) otherwise it would be a big monopoly headache for Microsoft :)

If you can uninstall IE9, then IE8 would be restored. You may consider to post your problem and feedback on Microsoft Connect IE site too: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE

2011年7月2日 6:56

所有回覆

• Hi,

It is very odd, IE 9 should not prevent any other bowser. I suggest you may try following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1.       Scan virus in your computer.

2.       Try to use another computer with IE 9. Check whether the problem occurs again.

3.       Use “IP config -all” command to export the IP configuration when the networking failed.

4.       Also I want to know how you establish the PPPOE connection? The build-in tool or a third-party tool?

“But the PPPOE shown still connected in the network connection window. But actually the internet access is halt in my PC. “

I just wonder how do you think about this?

Please understand, PPPOE is based the Network Layer, but Internet Explorer is based Transport Layer, Session Layer and Presentation Layer. There has been no relationship between them.

I really don’t recommend you to uninstall this program.

Whatever, here is the method for uninstalling IE 9:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    2011年7月1日 9:13
  • Hi, your situation is weird and IE should not prohibit the installation of other browsers (e.g. Chrome and FireFox) otherwise it would be a big monopoly headache for Microsoft :)

If you can uninstall IE9, then IE8 would be restored. You may consider to post your problem and feedback on Microsoft Connect IE site too: https://connect.microsoft.com/IE

2011年7月2日 6:56
  • Hi all, thanks a lot. I can unistall the IE9, and it is proved that the problem is not related to IE9.

I have scanned my computer, bit no issue is reproted.

Don't know what make the problem? I jsut give up.

SF
    2011年7月11日 6:27