Vista Suggestion relating to secondary display usage RRS feed

• 問題

•  

I use a 2nd display on lcd tv for use with my vista computer. i wish to suggest microsoft the following:

* if i press ctrl-alt-del, or have other screens, show those screen outputs also to the 2nd display - i feel the more things are easily visable the better

* when i change password by pressing ctrl-alt-del, i feel the success or status message is written in small fonts. i hope where possible, microsoft make things as easily read and as large as possible to improve user friendliness and ease the pain on our eyes for long term computer users that are overloaded with work and information.

* tell application developers that if i use the 2nd display as my main screen and the application window is placed there, show subsequent windows/dialogs on the same display area and not going back to the other screen. if i open a powerpoint presentation, let me choose which display do i want to have the presentation show to when i have extend desktop enabled with 2 displays connected.
    2008年11月1日 6:36

解答

• Just some additional information from your suggestions:

1. Do you mean that you prefer to show the same screen on both display?  If yes, I think you should be able to config that to clone your display from primary to secondary instead of extending that.  If no, then it should be a design issue since that's why we need to extend our desktop space.

2. What's the resolution you are using?  The font size of the success message is a global setting and is the same as any other messages from your system by default.

3. Utilizing secondary display should be common nowadays and I agree that it should be one of the best practice to developers.  For the powerpoint presentation, you should be able to utilize the secondary display by selecting "Slide Show" in the ribbon bar and "Show Presentation On:" setting if you are using PowerPoint 2007.

2008年11月1日 10:53

所有回覆

• Just some additional information from your suggestions:

1. Do you mean that you prefer to show the same screen on both display?  If yes, I think you should be able to config that to clone your display from primary to secondary instead of extending that.  If no, then it should be a design issue since that's why we need to extend our desktop space.

2. What's the resolution you are using?  The font size of the success message is a global setting and is the same as any other messages from your system by default.

3. Utilizing secondary display should be common nowadays and I agree that it should be one of the best practice to developers.  For the powerpoint presentation, you should be able to utilize the secondary display by selecting "Slide Show" in the ribbon bar and "Show Presentation On:" setting if you are using PowerPoint 2007.

2008年11月1日 10:53
  •  

yes i believe there should not be occasions where the external display is blank when it is plugged to the notebook computer. the products should be designed to be as informative and clear as possible. this mentality has to be adjusted, the way the operating system functions should move forward, we should not stick to a windows 3.1 mentality.

if there is ample space on the screen, why cant we utlize that fully to display larger font messages instead of just having empty space?

2008年11月1日 12:43
  • What i would really love to see would be dual mice coursers in vista. OSX has it, and it would be a great tool to have for photoshop and 3D design as well as a very interesting way to play games. Another thing that it would be useful for would be 2 people working together on the same computer. Dual screen or not.
    2008年11月12日 14:53