How to set UserProfile: Create new User, userprofile auto in other drive letter? RRS feed

• 問題

• How to set UserProfile: Create new User, userprofile auto in other drive letter?

I already go to Regedit: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList setup to D Drive, e.g. %\SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings to D:\Documents and Settings, than copy Default User to D Drive folder, login to new user all data in D Drive, but "Start Manual" before install program list e.g. adobe, MS Office folder without. Because windows 7 I know how to set, same setting change is OK, but windows xp can't, please tell me how to do, Thanks!

2011年3月2日 8:07

解答

所有回覆

• No solution can work on for this. It can only change the profile path of current users. If you want to move the user profile folder, the recommend way is configure the path in unattended installation with the answer file unattended.xml.

win7 how do I move user folder to a different drive - Microsoft Answers
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/win7-how-do-i-move-user-folder-to-a-different/565f16a5-e5ed-43c9-8422-4f56aebb296e  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    2011年3月4日 7:59
    版主
  • You have to use unattend installation to specify the file location of document and settings. For the drive letter, you should also specify during installation as well. You may also consider using some 3rd parties solution like partition magic.
    2011年3月5日 14:33