File encryption problem RRS feed

• 問題

•  

I have encrypted some files using the default function of window vista, click properties -> general -> advanced ->encrypt contents to secure data.

Then I have format my window without backup the certificate for encryption. After that I reinstall the window vista with the same license key and same admin user name. However I am not able to open those encrypted file again. When I try to make change on those files, there is a warning message to tell me that I have no permission to do such change.

As the files are important to me, I beg for you help to guide me some ways to open those file again. Much thanks.

2008年12月24日 18:11

解答

• If you haven't got the original certificate that used to encrypt the file encryption key for protecting your file, I afraid you couldn't decrypt those file in normal way.  I guess you can only:

1. Restore those file from your backup if you have one;

2. Seek help from Microsoft (I don't think they can help much in case);

3. Search some hacking/forensic tools to do the restoration for you from the encrypted files;

4. Give up those encrypted files...

2008年12月24日 19:22

所有回覆

• If you haven't got the original certificate that used to encrypt the file encryption key for protecting your file, I afraid you couldn't decrypt those file in normal way.  I guess you can only:

1. Restore those file from your backup if you have one;

2. Seek help from Microsoft (I don't think they can help much in case);

3. Search some hacking/forensic tools to do the restoration for you from the encrypted files;

4. Give up those encrypted files...

2008年12月24日 19:22
  • So is there any suggestion of the tools mentioned in point 3?

I have tried one called "PrimaSoft  Encryption", it allows me to key in the private key and choose the encryption methods to decrypt the file. However it still failed.

2008年12月27日 18:06