Window XP Prof Problem of start up RRS feed

• 問題

• Recently, I newly installed HP printer software.  After i installed it, I found that the anti virus software has been hiden from the bottom of right hand side's start up tool bar.  How I can do the setting to show up the icon on the tool bar??  Actually, the software is still in the computer but doesn't show on the tool bar.

Moreover, when I turn on the computer, it takes long time to run up the computer, can you tell me how to change the setting in the MSCONFIG to make it a bit fast???

Your early reply would be much appreciated.

2010年5月6日 1:52

所有回覆

• Is there anybody can tell me what is the problem in my computer??  Please tell me how I van fix it.

Thanks & regards

2010年5月10日 2:42
  • Hi Umekichi,

You could try the following tools, which maybe able to help you diagnose and fix your computer's performance issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/slow_windows_performance

Please forgive me if I mis-understood your issue
    Chi
    2010年5月10日 7:32
  • Hi Chi,

Is the link for Window XP professional?  Because I found that it's for Window Vista.

Thanks & regards

Umekichi

2010年5月10日 9:47
  • Hi Umekichi,

I guess it is for all version of Windows? E.g. XP/Vista and Win7.

Where does it say it is for Vista?

Good luck.

Chi
    2010年5月10日 10:01
  • Hi Chi,

I chose this "problems with overall system speed and performance" but the Microsoft automated troubleshooting diagnostic is not available for Window XP.

Could you please specific more details where I can find the solution?  For just in case, if it can't be fixed, anti virus icon even it doesn't show on the start up bar, it's still running, isn't it?

Thanks & regards

Umekichi

2010年5月12日 5:36
  • Hi Umekichi,

i am sorry for providing you wrong information. When I try that feature, I used Vista.

Do you know if in your anti-virus software that you ticked to show Anti-virus icon on the system tray? maybe you can try to un-tick and tick it again. If you want to know if the anti-virus is running, you can check the Task manager to see if the proces is running

Please forgive me for providing wrong information.

Chi
    2010年5月12日 8:05
  • Hi Chi,

I am not sure that you might be misunderstood my problem. I knew the anti virus is working if I kick the big icon on desk top.  However, I would like to know few points are as follows:

1) Anti virus icon doesn't show on start up bar (the bottom of right hand side), then is it no problem & means that it's running from time to time, isn't it??

2) You provide the wrong information, then is there any correct information that you can provide or let me know how to fix it to let the icon show on the start up bar??  Or it can't be fixed??  Because after I installed HP printer software, it disappeared.

3) How can I find the right version to fix "problems with overall system speed and performance"??

I would appreciate it if you could give me more details for the above problems because only back & forth reply on internet that is so wasting time.  I think both of us wouldn't always check messages each other.  Moreover, my computer recently is running speed quite low.  I would like to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks & regards

Umekichi

2010年5月12日 15:29
  • Hi Chi,

I have been waiting for your reply.  Do you have any info. can provide?

Thanks & regards

Umekichi

2010年5月14日 1:57
  • Hi Umekichi,

Maybe you can have a look at this post to see if it could fix ur anti-virus icon disappear issue

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=192304&highlight=tray+icon

I have no idea where to find the XP Version of "problems with overall system speed and performance", and i do not know how to change msconfig

Have you tried to use windows scan disk and defragmentation to see if it could help a bit.

Good luck

Chi
    2010年5月15日 5:44