In Windows 7 English Professional version , can I install XP mode Taiwan Chinese chi-zh ? RRS feed

• 問題

• 1\ In Windows 7 English Professional version , can I install XP mode  Taiwan Chinese chi-zh ?

My environment : Lenovo  A70z  Thinkcentre Desktop , preload Windows 7 professional English version. 

2\ I need to install a software , "IBM ViaVoice - Taiwan Chinese version ver 10.5 " , in Virtual Windows XP Taiwan Chi mode over the "Win7 Eng" .

Is it possible to have above combination 1\ & 2\ ? will they work ?

2010年6月22日 9:39

所有回覆

• Hi vr2aaa

1) i think it should be ok to install XP Mode Taiwan Chinese.

as from the XP Mode website they said you can select desired language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

To download and install Windows XP Mode

1. Go to the Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC website, and then click Get Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC now .

2. Under Select your edition of Windows 7 and desired language for installation in step 2, click the Select system drop-down list, and then click the edition of Windows 7 you're currently running.

3. Click the Select language drop-down list, and then click the language you want to use.

4. Under Download and install Windows XP Mode , click Windows XP Mode .

• To find out which edition of Windows 7 you're running, click the Start button Picture of the Start button , right-click Computer , and then click Properties . The edition of Windows 7 you're running is listed under Windows edition (and 32-bit and 64-bit information appears under System , next to System type ).

5. Click Open to install the program immediately; or click Save to save the installation file to your computer, double-click the file, and then click Run .

We recommend clicking Save and keeping the file on your computer in case you ever need to reinstall Windows XP Mode.

6. In the Welcome to Setup for Windows XP Mode dialog box, click Next .

7. Choose the location for the virtual hard disk file that Windows XP Mode uses, or accept the default location, and then click Next .

8. On the Setup Completed screen, click Finish .

You can download the XP mode in the following URL

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

I think you can install software which was support in WinXP inside XP mode, so it should be ok for you yo

"2\ I need to install a software , "IBM ViaVoice - Taiwan Chinese version ver 10.5 " , in Virtual Windows XP Taiwan Chi mode over the "Win7 Eng" ."

Good luck.

Chi
    2010年6月22日 11:29