Pc automatically Restart when click Start button on Virtual PC RRS feed

• 問題

• I installed Virtual Pc & made a virtual machine...
    but when I select the virtual machine and click Start.... My Main Pc gets Reset.. automatically...

I am not having this problem if I use VMware... and I installed Virtual PC in other computers... they are working fine with it..
    2009年1月19日 7:30

解答

• This is prolem on BIOS or NIC usually.

1) Try updating your BIOS, also try disabling hardware virtualization if you have it on your system.

2) Next, check for updated NIC drivers for the NIC maker.
    Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK), MCT, MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA
    2009年2月4日 7:36

所有回覆

• This is strange, Did you try to create another Virtual Image?

2009年1月20日 10:03
  • Hi, ayush.jain28.

Will the main PC reboot with blue screen?

There are few reasons to make you PC reboot while it is running VPC guest OS.

1) System memory - what is the brand of your memory, has it overclock? 

2) Display card - please try to install update driver to the display card.  If you use tablet PC, you need to make sure that the PC support to VPC.  I use toshiba M7 tablet PC before, everytime I will have blue screen if I run VPN.

3) System main board BIOS - I would suggest you update the main board BIOS too.

Hope it can help. 

2009年1月21日 2:57
  • hi Andy

AndyKCKwok wrote:

Will the main PC reboot with blue screen?

Yes, it reboots with BSOD... but for a very short duration BSOD is there.. its 1-2 seconds.. so im not able to read any kind of error in that screen.

AndyKCKwok wrote:

1) System memory - what is the brand of your memory, has it overclock? 

Its of Simmtronics DDR1.... I dont know that its overclocking or not... and could you please tell me that how can I check that... its overclocking or not?

AndyKCKwok wrote:

2) Display card - please try to install update driver to the display card.  If you use tablet PC, you need to make sure that the PC support to VPC.  I use toshiba M7 tablet PC before, everytime I will have blue screen if I run VPN.

I am not using tablet pc..and could you please tell me that how would I come to know that my PC supports VPC or not..? but VMware is working fine in my PC.

AndyKCKwok wrote:

3) System main board BIOS - I would suggest you update the main board BIOS too.

somebody told me that there is a file named HAL which works as an interface b/w hardware and OS... and if I update my BIOS then I'll have to reinstall my OS... is it True?? please give me some guidelines....

2009年1月21日 18:33
  •  MS MVP KenLin for VB.NET wrote:

This is strange, Did you try to create another Virtual Image?

I tried creating another Virtual machines.... and I reinstalled VPC... but nothing is working in this case...
    2009年1月21日 18:36
  • Hi,

First of all, I asume you are using VPC2007 with the latest Service Pack one.

Secondly, would you give me your hardware list for runing VPC, then I can look at that to you.

Thanks. 

2009年1月22日 3:06
  •  AndyKCKwok wrote:

Hi,

First of all, I asume you are using VPC2007 with the latest Service Pack one.

Secondly, would you give me your hardware list for runing VPC, then I can look at that to you.

Thanks. 

hello,
    yes im using VPC2007....
    and my hardware list is:

RAM -> 768MB (1 module of 512mb and other of 256mb)  DDR1
    CPU -> P-IV 2.40ghz
    Mainboard -> 845G chipset
    DVD ROM

2009年1月22日 8:00
  • Which Windows version is installed in VPC2007?

2009年1月23日 8:06
  •  dennisho wrote:

Which Windows version is installed in VPC2007?

windows XP-SP2
    2009年1月26日 16:08
  • This is prolem on BIOS or NIC usually.

1) Try updating your BIOS, also try disabling hardware virtualization if you have it on your system.

2) Next, check for updated NIC drivers for the NIC maker.
    Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK), MCT, MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA
    2009年2月4日 7:36
  • I am also having this issue I have the latest bios for my board and recently replaced a faulty NIC.  This only started hapening for me after I installed the latest updates on the VM's.

I have 2 virtual machines (both running XP Pro) Updated the 1st machine inc. SP3 and this failed, the 2nd VM continued to work until I updated the latest updates (except SP3)
    2009年2月19日 22:33
  • AngelsSword,

You said it happens after you installed Updates on VMs. What Update you have installed?

You are running VPC or VM or VS?
    大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝! Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK), MCT, MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
    2009年2月23日 4:18
  • Im Running Microsoft Virtual PC.

I couldn't tell you exactly which updates only that on the first VirtualPC that failed there were 3 updates including service pack 3, Malware fix and something else, I think it was a security update.

I did the updates at the start of last week if that helps.

after that VPC started restarting my system I tried my second one, this booted fine.  I installed the two small updates (I left out SP3) then shut it down.    I am now unable to boot this image either.  I feel it hard to believe it is the updates, as it does not even begin to boot, the window opens then my machine restarts.

The VPC's operate with 1GB Ram allocation.  However I am unsure what additional information you may find useful.

If you need a dxdiag let me know.
    2009年2月23日 8:18