Bug in Windows Photo Gallery of Vista? RRS feed

• 問題

•  

i suspect there is a bug in windows photo gallery of vista that is not fixed in sp1

when i received a fax document image in .tif format, and open it with windows photo gallery, the vertical document becomes stretched as horizontal and the printer chosen is always the fax printer driver instead of the printer (my windows printer setting defaults to the printer instead of the fax driver). i have complained this to microsoft via other channels before but it appears there is no resolution

these behaviour is very annoying! any solutions?

2008年10月22日 23:02

解答

• Mainly it is because the page setup of printer properties is showing with Landscapre mode, you may need to change it by trying the following steps,

You may try the following steps:

1.    In Windows Photo Gallery, click Print and select Print in pop-down menu.

2.    Click Options… at the right-bottom corner.

3.    Select Printer Properties.

4.    In Page Setup or similar tab, adjust the printing style.

If this solution cannot reach your need, I’d love to include a 3rd party tool that some other community members recommend:

http://www.irfanview.net/

This tool may be powerful in dealing with TIFF formatted picture, based on their words.

Hope it helps!

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

you may also try to have a look on the following KB,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951164/en-us

2008年10月27日 4:55