How to upgrade AD from 2000 to 2003 RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are Windows 2000 Active Directory run as Windows 2000 server, the root domain like "abc", and so may sub. domain distributed in difference location like (efg.abc; hij.abc; xyz.abc). We are now planning to upgade to Windows 2003 AD, what should we do ? If we wish to upgrade the sub.domain like "efg.abc" to AD 2003 first, is it ok ? Pls advise it.

James

2008年8月20日 上午 08:34

解答

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for your update.

For more information on the upgrade, please refer to:

How to upgrade Windows 2000 domain controllers to Windows Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325379/en-us

Hope this helps! If you have further concern, feel free to let me know. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年8月21日 上午 09:23
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

2008年8月25日 上午 09:13
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for your update.

For more information on the upgrade, please refer to:

How to upgrade Windows 2000 domain controllers to Windows Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325379/en-us

Hope this helps! If you have further concern, feel free to let me know. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年8月21日 上午 09:23
    版主
  • Hi James,

It is no problem to upgrade the subdomain first. It have no problem if you have a 2000 root server but 2003 domain controller. However, since you need to extend the domain schema in 2000 root server, I will recommended that you may upgrade the root domain first, although it doesnt matter for that

2008年8月23日 下午 03:50
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

2008年8月25日 上午 09:13
    版主