none
How to configure "Auto Reply"at Exchange Server 2007? RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear Sir,

There is some staffs (Dicky, Edward) that left the company. I'm the IT admin (also exchange Admin). Now I want to forward their e-mail to their supervisor - Ms Wu and at the same time sent an auto reply message to the sender - telling the sender, Dicky, Edward had been resigned.

How do I configure in Exchange Server 2007? I try setup Transport Rule - action "send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code" at OC, however, I just got exchange error message once I send e-mail to Dicky or Edward.

Can you tell me how to resolve this problem? Also whether any location I could set forward e-mail to Ms Wu on Exchange server 2007? e.g. Setup under Dicky or Edward mailbox - right click "properties" then select "Mail Flow settings" properties, then select "Delivery Options" and "Forward to".  As I found different methods and make me confusion of those.

Could you clarify both questions for setting Auto Reply and Forward e-mail?

Thanks,

Eric K

2009年7月21日 上午 09:03

解答

• Hi Eric_K,

You can transport rule combine with action "send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code" to configure auto reply. However only if the e-mail were sent after creates transport rule, it will work.

For example, if Dicky sent e-mail at 11:00 am, however you set up the transport rule at 13:00 pm, it won’t fire.

The "Forward to" properties on a user works in the same way as transport rule. For example, if Dicky sent e-mail at 11:00 am, however you configure “forward to” at 13:00 pm, it won’t fire.

You are the Exchange administrator, you can log into Dicky’s mailbox via Outlook or OWA and manually forward the e-mail to Ms Wu.

If anything is unclear, feel free to let me know.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年7月22日 上午 08:08
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi Eric_K,

You can transport rule combine with action "send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code" to configure auto reply. However only if the e-mail were sent after creates transport rule, it will work.

For example, if Dicky sent e-mail at 11:00 am, however you set up the transport rule at 13:00 pm, it won’t fire.

The "Forward to" properties on a user works in the same way as transport rule. For example, if Dicky sent e-mail at 11:00 am, however you configure “forward to” at 13:00 pm, it won’t fire.

You are the Exchange administrator, you can log into Dicky’s mailbox via Outlook or OWA and manually forward the e-mail to Ms Wu.

If anything is unclear, feel free to let me know.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年7月22日 上午 08:08
    版主
  • Hi Rock,

Thanks for your reply! I find that when I set "send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code" under Transport rule, the e-mail will be removed at Dicky and Edward mailboxes, but the sender can't get the reply too. And the boss - Ms Wu can't get a copy of e-mail to Dicky and Edward even I set forward in Dicky and Edward mailbox -> Mailflow and tick "forward to" Ms Wu in Exchange 2007. So I just wonder once I set "Send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code", it just erase the message. Anything I done wrong?

By the way, I discover one thing: The easier way to set Auto-Repy is done by OWA or OUTLOOK 2007!

Thanks,

Eric K
    2009年7月30日 下午 02:47
  • Hi,

send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code

RejectMessage deletes the e-mail message and sends a non-delivery receipt to the sender. The recipient doesn't receive the message or notification.

Based on my research, when I enable forward function for a mailbox and create a transport rule(send bounce message to sender with enhanced status code), and select “delivery message both to forwarding address and mailbox” option, the sender will receive a NDR, and the forward function will work.

For more information about Transport Rule Actions, please refer to the following article:

Transport Rule Actions

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998315.aspx

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年8月3日 上午 10:05
    版主