none
Remove Exchange server from a failed server (DC) RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear all,

I have an Exchange 2000 server which installed on a domain which contains only one Domain controller. The Exchange is installed on the DC too. The HDD of the DC (and Exchange) was failed over half a year, and no useable backup media can be used. All the accounts had been migrated to other Exchange servers at another domain long before.

I want to remove the Exchange 2000. Following the instruction of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260378/, I attempted to remove the Exchange at ESM by "All Tasks, and then click Remove Server". Unfortunately, the removal was not successful. The following error was prompted.

Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange Server": 0X8007202B (8235): A referral was returned from the server. Facility: Exchange System Manager ; ID no: c103fc97

My target is to remove the Exchange and the whole domain. All the accounts and mailboxes could be simply discarded.

Thank you for your advice.

2010年9月1日 上午 02:02

解答

• Hi HYHO,                                                                                                                                                                             

If you have transferred the mailbox data and user accounts to new organization and would never use the old exchange server, you can manually deleted the it and use adsiedit tools to delete the information in the AD.

You can install adsiedti from the windows disc.  Please refer to : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124152(EXCHG.65).aspx

The follow key you can delete:

Configuration, cn=configuration, DC=”test”, DC=com, CN=services, CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE.

After you deleted the exchange server , then you can delete the domain.

2010年9月2日 上午 01:25
    版主
    1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Windows 2000 Support Tools, point to Tools, and then click ADSI Edit.
    2. Expand the following items:
      Configuration Container
      CN=Configuration, DC=<var>Domain_Name</var>,DC=com
      CN=Services
      CN=Microsoft Exchange
      CN=<var>Your_Organization_Name</var>
      CN=Administrative Groups
      CN=<var>Your_Administrative_Group_Name</var>
      CN=Servers
    3. Right-click the Exchange Server 2000 server object, and then click Delete.
    4. Click Yes in every adsiedit dialog box that prompts you to confirm the deletion

It is only delete your unuse exchange 2000 server object. it is the way for remove the no longer use exchange server.

• 已標示為解答 emma.yoyo 2011年6月1日 上午 07:52
    2010年9月6日 上午 11:24

所有回覆

• Hi HYHO,                                                                                                                                                                             

If you have transferred the mailbox data and user accounts to new organization and would never use the old exchange server, you can manually deleted the it and use adsiedit tools to delete the information in the AD.

You can install adsiedti from the windows disc.  Please refer to : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124152(EXCHG.65).aspx

The follow key you can delete:

Configuration, cn=configuration, DC=”test”, DC=com, CN=services, CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE.

After you deleted the exchange server , then you can delete the domain.

2010年9月2日 上午 01:25
    版主
  • The user accounts and mailboxes had been transferred to other domains and Exchange server in the same Organization and AD forest. My AD has a single root domain with several child domains. What I want is to remove the failed Exchange server (and the DC), so to remove the child domain. The Exchange Organization is in production, and cannot be removed.

In addition, I also considered using ADSIEDIT to remove the Exchange server object. However, the KB (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396/en-us) warned that this will not perform cleanup of the references to the server object outside the server's own contianer. Microsoft do not recommend this method unless the server will be re-installed in the same administrative group. This scenario is definitely not my case.

Thank you for your advice.

2010年9月2日 上午 08:54
    1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Windows 2000 Support Tools, point to Tools, and then click ADSI Edit.
    2. Expand the following items:
      Configuration Container
      CN=Configuration, DC=<var>Domain_Name</var>,DC=com
      CN=Services
      CN=Microsoft Exchange
      CN=<var>Your_Organization_Name</var>
      CN=Administrative Groups
      CN=<var>Your_Administrative_Group_Name</var>
      CN=Servers
    3. Right-click the Exchange Server 2000 server object, and then click Delete.
    4. Click Yes in every adsiedit dialog box that prompts you to confirm the deletion

It is only delete your unuse exchange 2000 server object. it is the way for remove the no longer use exchange server.

• 已標示為解答 emma.yoyo 2011年6月1日 上午 07:52
    2010年9月6日 上午 11:24
  • 您好,

deltathree的回答是正确的,不知是否解决了您的问题呢?

如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    Description: Description: TechNet 论坛好帮手立刻免费下载  TechNet 论坛好帮手

2011年6月1日 上午 07:44
    版主
  • 你好,

billy的回答是正确的,不知道是否解决你的问题了?

如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    Description: Description: TechNet 论坛好帮手立刻免费下载  TechNet 论坛好帮手