none
Procedure to build DR site for Exchange 2003 (including AD) RRS feed

• 問題

• I couldn't find the detail description of the procedure to build a redundancy exchange 2003 server (including AD) in DR site.
    What i could find most is the procedure to setup Clustering Server (Exchange 2003), is that the only way if I want to build a exchange server in DR site? Or there are any other ways to setup this without using clustering?

Appreciate your help on this case.
    2008年10月27日 上午 07:48

解答

•  

Exchange 2003 does not provide any build-in functions for your redundancy exchange server in my DR site. Would you consider upgrade to Exchange 2007? It can fullfill your require. Or it is necessary using third-party software for redundancy exchange server in my DR site. e.g. HP OVSM, Wansync etc......
    2008年10月27日 上午 09:14
  •  

Dear customer:

In Exchange server 2003, you are unable to setup redundancy Exchange server except for Exchange cluster.

In addition, Microsoft doesn’t support that setup another Exchange Server 2003 in DR site and do the replication between your office Exchange server and the one in DR site. This just make the issue more complexity instead of simplification.

You should consider Chau’s suggestion, advice your boss to migrate your Exchange server 2003 to Exchange 2007.

For more information about  High Availability in Exchange server 2007, please refer to the following article:

High Availability

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124721(EXCHG.80).aspx

Hope it helps.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年10月28日 上午 03:45
    版主

所有回覆

•  

You can find a quick reference at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125070.aspx

However, in terms of detail design and implementation, it depends on your existing network infrastructure, software, hardware, connectivity constraints, etc.

2008年10月27日 上午 08:02
  • Hi Raymond, thanks for your documentation link related to disaster recovery of exchange server procedure. But I need a redundancy exchange server in my DR site which means if my exchange server is down, then it will failover to another exchange server in my DR site manually or automatically within max half an hour down time.
    2008年10月27日 上午 08:17
  •  

Exchange 2003 does not provide any build-in functions for your redundancy exchange server in my DR site. Would you consider upgrade to Exchange 2007? It can fullfill your require. Or it is necessary using third-party software for redundancy exchange server in my DR site. e.g. HP OVSM, Wansync etc......
    2008年10月27日 上午 09:14
  • Upgrade to Exchange 2007 may need some more investigation and oberservation....etc
    How if I just setup another Exchange Server 2003 in DR site and do the replication between my office exchange server and the one in DR site (e.g. AD information, LDAP address book, transaction logs (updated))?

I think those third party software like HP OVSM, Wansync....only in site to site level, but I first need to do in server to server level.
    2008年10月27日 上午 09:25
  •  

Dear customer:

In Exchange server 2003, you are unable to setup redundancy Exchange server except for Exchange cluster.

In addition, Microsoft doesn’t support that setup another Exchange Server 2003 in DR site and do the replication between your office Exchange server and the one in DR site. This just make the issue more complexity instead of simplification.

You should consider Chau’s suggestion, advice your boss to migrate your Exchange server 2003 to Exchange 2007.

For more information about  High Availability in Exchange server 2007, please refer to the following article:

High Availability

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124721(EXCHG.80).aspx

Hope it helps.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年10月28日 上午 03:45
    版主
  • Thanks for Rock replied and suggested. I think I would use third party software to achieve my task.
    Thank you all for advice.
    2008年10月28日 上午 04:31