DNS Server Error Log (Windows 2008 R2) RRS feed

• 問題

• I have installed Windows Server 2008 R2 on a brand new server as PDC 2 months ago. It works fine initially.

Recently, I found that there're many error log from DNS server as below:

=================================

The dynamic registration of the DNS record '_kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dserv.XXXX.com. 600 IN SRV 0 100 88 SRV.' failed on the following DNS server:  

DNS server IP address: :: 

Returned Response Code (RCODE): 0 

Returned Status Code: 0  

For computers and users to locate this domain controller, this record must be registered in DNS.  

USER ACTION  

Determine what might have caused this failure, resolve the problem, and initiate registration of the DNS records by the domain controller. To determine what might have caused this failure, run DCDiag.exe. To learn more about DCDiag.exe, see Help and Support Center. To initiate registration of the DNS records by this domain  controller, run 'nltest.exe /dsregdns' from the command prompt on the domain controller or restart Net Logon service. 

Or, you can manually add this record to DNS, but it is not recommended.  

ADDITIONAL DATA 

Error Value: DNS name does not exist.

===================================

I found that the DNS server can register the client PC IP into its record now... any idea? Thanks a lot.

Thanks and Best regards,

IZJman

2011年10月4日 上午 02:45

解答

• Hi IZJman,

Seems like the DNS record of Domain Controller is missing. Please simply run "nltest.exe /dsregnds" on the DC to register the DNS record so that the SRV record will no longer prompt error due to missing DNS A record. Please that is not able to resolve it. Please post the DCDiag result here. Thanks

Best Regards,

Eric

2011年10月5日 上午 11:16