autodisconnect RRS feed

• 問題

•  

dear all,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentCopntrolSet\Services\Lanmanworkstation\Parameters]

what does autodisconnect is a DWORD pre-set already and the decimal value now is 15"

but what it change its value to -1 as one of the replies told me. Is it 1 or what 0

we now occur in  windows 2000, it pops up following message.

windows was unalbe to save all the data for the file

\device\lanman redirector\kc-fs-01\FTR Gold\Audio\200805141\KC-11-12-B\KC-11-12-B_08-05-14 9-25_96034093.WAV.

The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere. The write operation failed, & only some of the data may have been written to the file.

Event log found the source : MRxSmb    Event ID : 50

DeLAY WRITE FAILED MESSAGE.

many thanks

Please urgent help

thanks thanks

2008年5月20日 上午 04:16

解答

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your post.

It is my pleasure to work with you on this issue!

Analysis:

=============

From your post, I noticed the following:

1. The problem may occur with many users.

2. The problem only occurs if the user's profile is redirected to a Windows NT file server. However, everything works well with another Windows 2000 file server.

Therefore, I suspect that the problem is related to the Windows NT file server.

Suggestions:

=============

1. The event 26 and 50 are generally caused by a network issue. Based on my research, I would like to suggest that you perform the following first:

1) Update all the network card drivers on both servers.

2) Some anti-virus and firewall software may add filter drivers to the systems and cause the network issue. I would like to suggest that you check these kinds of software and temporarily uninstall them as a test to see if the problem still persists.

3) Change the Autodisconnect value on the Windows NT file system to keep the session.

How Autodisconnect Works in Windows NT and Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;138365

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月30日 上午 06:52
    版主

所有回覆

•  

FYI.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138365

NOTE: If you set the autodisconnect value to 0 (zero), the autodisconnect feature is not turned off, and the Server service disconnects mapped network drives after only a few seconds of idle time.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138365

The registry does not allow you to add a -1 value. However, that modification may be made at the command prompt with the following command:
    net config server /autodisconnect:-1

When this is set, two additional registry keys are added:

anndelta: REG_DWORD: 0xbb8
    announce: REG_DWORD: 0xf0

Announce: Specifies the network announce rate, in seconds. This rate determines how often the server is announced to other computers on the network.

Anndelta: Specifies the delta value for the announce rate, in milliseconds. This value specifies how much the announce rate can vary from the period of time specified in the announce member.

The delta value allows randomly varied announce rates. For example, if the announce member has the value 10 and the anndelta member has the value 1, the announce rate can vary from 9.999 seconds to 10.001 seconds.

Another article:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-10878-0.html?forumID=11&threadID=96190&messageID=656359

The valid value range if you edit the LAN autodisconnect parameter in the registry is 0 to 4294967295 (Oxffffffff). If you configure the autodisconnect option to -1 at the command prompt, Autodisconnect is set to the upper value in the registry. This is approximately 8,171 years (not tested should be long enough to be the equivalent of turning autodisconnect off.

2008年5月20日 上午 04:40
  • dear all,

If I want to define

NAME: KeepConn

TYPE: REG_DWORD

DATA: 65535

under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet \Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

KeepConn REG_DWORD 1 to 65535 seconds

Default: 600

Specifies the maximum amount of time that a connection can be left dormant. This parameter is the redirector equivalent of the Disc parameter in the Services\LanmanServer\Parameters subkey.

As a general rule, try increasing this value if your application closes and opens UNC files to a server less frequently than 10 minutes apart. This decreases the number of reconnections made to a server.

First of all, DATA : 65535 is hexdcimal or decimal.

Please help for this question

Many thanks

2008年5月21日 上午 02:15
  • Dear Customer,

Thank you for your post.

It is my pleasure to work with you on this issue!

Analysis:

=============

From your post, I noticed the following:

1. The problem may occur with many users.

2. The problem only occurs if the user's profile is redirected to a Windows NT file server. However, everything works well with another Windows 2000 file server.

Therefore, I suspect that the problem is related to the Windows NT file server.

Suggestions:

=============

1. The event 26 and 50 are generally caused by a network issue. Based on my research, I would like to suggest that you perform the following first:

1) Update all the network card drivers on both servers.

2) Some anti-virus and firewall software may add filter drivers to the systems and cause the network issue. I would like to suggest that you check these kinds of software and temporarily uninstall them as a test to see if the problem still persists.

3) Change the Autodisconnect value on the Windows NT file system to keep the session.

How Autodisconnect Works in Windows NT and Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;138365

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月30日 上午 06:52
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

Have you solved your problem yet? If anything unclear, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Tom Zhang

2008年6月2日 上午 06:49
    版主