Deny Mapping Drives for individual users when using Remote Desktop RRS feed

• 問題

• I am using server 2003. I want to deny single users from inside my server to map their local drives when they use remote desktop. I can deny all users from doing this but I can not do that for a single user. Would you please help me do that? thanks in advance.
    2008年10月10日 下午 03:12

所有回覆

•  

Per our research, the redirection setting is control by the Local machines registry/policy. It is not the Local users registry/policy. Therefore, it should not have any options for deny some users only  for using redirections on RDP.

Per our experiences, some peoples would using NTFS file permission to not allow/deny somes users cannot access some files.

Thanks  

2008年10月13日 上午 02:23
  • Dear Customer,

I agree with Billy’s suggestion.

If there is anything unclear, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年10月13日 上午 09:43
    版主
  • Thanx for your kind regards.
    I just want to secure my information. I have mapped z: to users specific folder on my server. users save information from accounting and other softwares in this folder. I just want to deny transferring this information out of office(and deny them from copying some information into this folder from they station) when they are using remote desktop. to do this, I have denied all users from mapping drives. but some users should have this ability. how could I do this?

regards
    samoody
    2008年10月13日 下午 03:16
  • How do you denied it? By GPO?

If so, create 2 Group under the domain, and assign the right people inside them, and denied people in one group, allowed people in another group.

Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK), MCT, MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA
    2009年1月29日 上午 10:25
  •  Hi,

If you are using KIX to map the users folder, you can use the if.. then.. statement and use @INWIN function

If @INWIN = 1      ; NT and Later
      Select
        Case @DOS = "5.1"
          $OS = "Windows XP"
        Case @DOS = "5.0"
          $OS = "Windows 2000"
        Case @DOS = "4.0"
          $OS = "Windows NT"
      EndSelect
    Else ; Windows ME and Earlier
      Select
        Case @DOS = "4.9"
          $OS = "Windows ME"
        Case @DOS = "4.10"
          $OS = "Windows 98"
        Case @DOS = "4.0"
          $OS = "Windows 95"
      EndSelect
    EndIf

Then you can skip the drive mapping by using if..then..
    2009年2月13日 下午 02:06