none
Delete Mailbox in Exchange 2003 RRS feed

• 問題

•  

你好,

請問如何正確地在Exchange Server 2003 删除不需要的Mailbox 和 Mail Account.? Thx...

Edmond.

2008年5月21日 上午 03:32

解答

• As you've mentioned Exchange user data is divided into account information and mailbox, while account information is stored in Active Directory, and mailbox is stored in Exchange Mailbox Server.

To delete Exchange mailbox and user account, you need to ask yourself a question first: do you want to remove this user login, or just remove the email functionality.  If it's talking about removing everything, simply go to a workstation or server with Exchange Administration MMC installed (or the Exchange Server itself, though not recommended), start Active Directory Users and Computers, select the user and delete it.  During the deletion, wizard will prompt you through the deletion of mailbox as well.

If what you're looking for is just removing mailbox functionality, that's a little bit different.  You can go to AD Users and Computers as well, but this time you need to right-click and select Exchange task, in the wizard, select "Remove Exchange Mailbox" (or something similar since I don't have Exchange console on hand), then the mailbox plus the Exchange account information of that user will be removed.

If you just delete the user account in AD, that will result a disconnected mailbox in Exchange but you can use another user account to associate and open the mailbox again.

2008年5月21日 上午 04:58

所有回覆

• As you've mentioned Exchange user data is divided into account information and mailbox, while account information is stored in Active Directory, and mailbox is stored in Exchange Mailbox Server.

To delete Exchange mailbox and user account, you need to ask yourself a question first: do you want to remove this user login, or just remove the email functionality.  If it's talking about removing everything, simply go to a workstation or server with Exchange Administration MMC installed (or the Exchange Server itself, though not recommended), start Active Directory Users and Computers, select the user and delete it.  During the deletion, wizard will prompt you through the deletion of mailbox as well.

If what you're looking for is just removing mailbox functionality, that's a little bit different.  You can go to AD Users and Computers as well, but this time you need to right-click and select Exchange task, in the wizard, select "Remove Exchange Mailbox" (or something similar since I don't have Exchange console on hand), then the mailbox plus the Exchange account information of that user will be removed.

If you just delete the user account in AD, that will result a disconnected mailbox in Exchange but you can use another user account to associate and open the mailbox again.

2008年5月21日 上午 04:58
  • Dear Sir/ Madam,

I want to delete user account with mailbox together. When I open AD Users and Computers --> right user account -->

click delete, I got the message :

"Are you sure you want to delete this object?"

"The selected object has other associcated object. Select those associated object that you also want to delete."

"Mark each selected Exchange mailbox for deleteion" This option click choose by default.

And show "Yes" and "No" button for my chose.

I need to click "Yes" or "No"? And can you ask me the detail in next step? Thanks a lot...

Edmond.

2008年5月27日 上午 09:36
  • If you want to delete both user account and mailbox together, you should choose "Yes".

In fact, deleting mailbox does not physically delete the mailbox and the corresponding mail items.  You still need to go to "Exchange System Manager", choose the corresponding information store, right click on the information store, the deleted mailbox should have a red "x" on it, if you really think the mail item is useless and no need to be recovered, you can then right click the mailbox and select "Purge", then even the mail items will be deleted forever.  Cheers.

Sorry for answering so late... I didn't realized you have a follow up answer here.

2009年1月17日 下午 06:23