Window Server 2008 Com Port Problem RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi,

I bought Windows Server 2008 standard version few weeks ago. I tried to upgrade my Windows Server 2003 and started Terminal Server. However I found that Clients Com Port machine are no response after the upgrade (It's work fine in Windows server 2003). After contacting with the provider, they reply me that I may have to do something like "COM Port forwarding". I Google around it and found much articles discuss but without any instruction.

Would you mind tell me how to do that step by step?

Thank you

2010年12月20日 上午 05:24

解答

• Dear Customer,

Based on the current information, I cannot determine the cause of the issue. Please help me with some tests, they can narrow the issue down and help us diagnose the cause:

Step 1: Clean boot.

===========

a. Click Start -> Run

b. Input msconfig and click OK.

c. Click Service Tab and check Hide all Microsoft Services and click Disable All.

d. Click Startup Tab and click Disable All.

e. Click OK and reboot the computer and test again.

Step 2: Clean virus

=============

Please update your antivirus program to the latest version and clean up any viruses from the system.

Step 3: capture a screenshot

=============

Please capture a screen screenshot and send it to the me(v-tozhan@microsoft.com).

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2010年12月24日 上午 08:22
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Based on the current information, I cannot determine the cause of the issue. Please help me with some tests, they can narrow the issue down and help us diagnose the cause:

Step 1: Clean boot.

===========

a. Click Start -> Run

b. Input msconfig and click OK.

c. Click Service Tab and check Hide all Microsoft Services and click Disable All.

d. Click Startup Tab and click Disable All.

e. Click OK and reboot the computer and test again.

Step 2: Clean virus

=============

Please update your antivirus program to the latest version and clean up any viruses from the system.

Step 3: capture a screenshot

=============

Please capture a screen screenshot and send it to the me(v-tozhan@microsoft.com).

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2010年12月24日 上午 08:22
    版主
  • I have the Windows Server 2008 com port problem too,

the hardware is IBM System x3650,

I use some testing software to test com port, which can be open, and send data, but can't receive any thing,

I found the articles above, and do Step 1 (Clean boot), and re-test com port,

it still can not work.

2012年3月27日 上午 02:21