none
Cannot send private email between exchange 2007 and exchange 2003 problem RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Dear Sir,

Please HELP!! Our HQ is upgrading email server from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. Our company have 5 sites and all running Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 server. Some directors using blackberry and have to set forwarding email to both exchange mailbox and external blackberry a/c. After migrate their mailbox to Exchange 2007, those directors complaint that they cannot receive private email. And the sender will receive the following NDR.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:   private test hq to 07

Sent:  10/6/2008 12:17

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

forward07 on 10/6/2008 12:17

建立者禁止重新導向給替代的收件者,或郵件已加密,所以無法傳遞郵件。

<xxxxxxxxxxxx.com #5.7.300 smtp;550 5.7.300 RESOLVER.FWD.Blocked; the sender prohibited alt recipient redirection on this message>

2008年6月10日 上午 06:39

解答

• Dear Shaun:

In order to better troubleshoot the root cause, please provide me with the message header.

If you run hotmail in complete version, you can perform the following steps to view the message header:

a)      Right click the e-mail that you want to check,

b)      Select view source file,

c)       Send the result to v-rocwan@microsoft.com.

Additionally, please increase MSExchangeTransport Diagnostics Logging to maximum on Exchange server 2003 and Exchange server 2007. Before do that, On Exchange server 2003 and 2007, open Event Viewer, right click application, save log file as .evt file, and then click clear all events.

1. For Exchange 2003, you can refer to the following article:

How to troubleshoot for Exchange Server 2003 transport issues

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821910/en-us

1. For exchange 2007, you can run the following cmd-let to turn up transport logging to 7:

get-eventloglevel "msexchangeTransport" | set-eventlogLevel -level expert

1. Reproduce the issue,
    2. Save the application log file as .evt file, and send the files to v-rocwan@microsoft.com.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年6月14日 上午 09:43
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear customer:

Thanks for your post.

In order to better troubleshoot the issue, I want to confirm the following information with you:

1. On Exchange server 2007, open EMC, navigate to recipient configuration- mailbox, right click the director’s mailbox, select properties, click mail flow settings, select delivery options, click properties, send the screenshot of it to v-rocwan@microsoft.com for further research,
    2. Did the director‘s external blackberry mailbox get the e-mail?
    3. Which server is the sender located?  Is it Exchange 2007 or Exchange 2003?
    4. Describe the mail flow topology between Exchange server 2000 or 2003 and Exchange server 2007?

Thanks for cooperation. if you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年6月10日 上午 07:24
    版主
  • Dear Rock,

Thank you for your reply.

1.The screenshot is sent to your mailbox.

2. yes, the blackberry get the email

3. The sender is located on Exchange 2003 of other site.

4. We have five site, HQ, SH, XH, MY, USA. HQ is central site, the current exchange 2003 still taking the role for routing. All other four sites have a routing group connect to HQ only. No routing group between four sites. In HQ, the new exchange 2007 have a default routing group connected to the current exchange 2003.

thanks.

Shaun Ho

2008年6月10日 上午 08:03
  •  

Dear customer:

Thanks for your reply.

From your information, the setting of the delivery option seems normal. In order to better troubleshoot the issue, I want to confirm the following information with you:

1.       Which SP information is your Exchange server 2007?

2.       Did you create a contact for shaungmail user?

3.       On Exchange server 2007, run the following command, send the txt file to v-rocwan@microsoft.com,

Get-MailContact –Identity shaungmail | fl * >c:\Get-MailContact.txt

4.       Collect the message header from external mailbox, and send the result to the forum for further research.

5.       Did you send the test e-mail via Outlook or OWA? If Outlook, use OWA, and check the effect.

Thanks for cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年6月11日 上午 09:49
    版主
  •  

Dear Rock,
    Thank you for your reply.

1. We are running Exchange 2007 SP1.
    2. Yes, it is a gmail account
    3. The get-mailcontact output was sent to your mailbox
    4. Could you teach me how to get the message header if the account is hotmail/gmail account?
    5. Via OWA will not have the NDR issue. But via Outlook have NDR.

Thank you.
    Shaun

2008年6月12日 上午 01:40
  •  

Dear customer:

Based on my research, we are still investigating the issue. It looks like a by-design behavior.  

In order to find out the root cause, I want to confirm the following information with you:

1.       Did the test e-mail’s sensitivity is private or not?

For more information about e-mail’s sensitivity, please refer to the following link:

Mark a message as Private, Personal, or Confidential

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052428801033.aspx

2.       Since I don’t know the version of your hotmail, if you run hotmail in complete version, you can perform the following steps to view the message header:

a)      right click the e-mail that you want to check,

b)      select view source file,

Thanks for cooperation.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年6月12日 上午 09:41
    版主
  •  

Dear Rock,

Yes, the test email's sensitivity is private. What do you mean it is a by-design behavior?  What is the benifit of it?

I do the following test.

Using Outlook, using a mailbox on exchange 2007 server to send a private email to a mailbox on exchange 2003 on other site with forwarding setting. The email is sent to the exchange 2003 mailbox and forwarded to external mailbox successfully. From message tracking tool, the email is routed by the exchange 2007 server.

But vice versa, mailbox on exchange 2003 can't send private email to exchange 2007's mailbox with forwading setting.

Best Rgds.,

Shaun

2008年6月13日 上午 03:51
  • Dear Shaun:

In order to better troubleshoot the root cause, please provide me with the message header.

If you run hotmail in complete version, you can perform the following steps to view the message header:

a)      Right click the e-mail that you want to check,

b)      Select view source file,

c)       Send the result to v-rocwan@microsoft.com.

Additionally, please increase MSExchangeTransport Diagnostics Logging to maximum on Exchange server 2003 and Exchange server 2007. Before do that, On Exchange server 2003 and 2007, open Event Viewer, right click application, save log file as .evt file, and then click clear all events.

1. For Exchange 2003, you can refer to the following article:

How to troubleshoot for Exchange Server 2003 transport issues

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821910/en-us

1. For exchange 2007, you can run the following cmd-let to turn up transport logging to 7:

get-eventloglevel "msexchangeTransport" | set-eventlogLevel -level expert

1. Reproduce the issue,
    2. Save the application log file as .evt file, and send the files to v-rocwan@microsoft.com.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年6月14日 上午 09:43
    版主