Recommend UI technology for ASP.NET MVC RRS feed

• 問題

• ASP.NET MVC provides a primitive set of HTML helpers. For advance UI widgets, it seems there's a gap not yet filled by Microsoft. I would like to know if there is any official direction of UI set that we should adopt and will be supported by Microsoft? I think jQuery UI seems the right candidate but Microsoft seems not willing to support it officially. Is Microsoft developing a AjaxControlToolkit for MVC? Any clues?
    Alex Lau from HKSAR
    2010年5月31日 上午 04:59

解答

• Hi,

Now jQuery is support by Microsoft. However we know  it is not the product of Microsoft.

There is no AjaxToolkit for MVC. But we can use the ajax library provided by Microsoft to implement the function of AjaxToolkit.

By the way, some more strong features is supplied. You can find it from the following website.

http://www.asp.net/%28S%28l0ewhlne33mwdh55fxjcfm45%29%29/mvc/download

Microsoft Online Community Support
    • 已標示為解答 KeFang Chen 2010年6月4日 上午 03:59
    2010年6月2日 上午 02:01

所有回覆

• Hi,

Now jQuery is support by Microsoft. However we know  it is not the product of Microsoft.

There is no AjaxToolkit for MVC. But we can use the ajax library provided by Microsoft to implement the function of AjaxToolkit.

By the way, some more strong features is supplied. You can find it from the following website.

http://www.asp.net/%28S%28l0ewhlne33mwdh55fxjcfm45%29%29/mvc/download

• 已標示為解答 KeFang Chen 2010年6月4日 上午 03:59
    2010年6月2日 上午 02:01
  • Hi KeFang,

I understand that jQuery has been supported by Microsoft. However, the trick is jQuery UI is not equal to jQuery. I don't know whether jQuery UI is also supported by Microsoft. The reason that make me think in this way are 1) I really can't find any official statement that Microsoft considers jQuery equally support as jQuery UI. Someone may think jQuery UI just like another plug-in to the jQuery framework. 2) I can't find the CDN entry for jQuery UI. http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/cdn.ashx

Regarding the strong features, I'm not sure whether you're referring to the future pack. However, I am still new to the ASP.NET and I think I won't try out the future pack until it's proven.

Regards,

Alex

Alex Lau from HKSAR
    2010年6月9日 上午 01:10
  • Hi,

Regarding the strong feature, I mean the ASP.NET MVC Futures and MVC Contrib.

If you want to implement some functions with AjaxToolkit, you can take the Jquery UI into account.

Many Jquery UI is developped by community. So I think this is a reason that Microsoft doesn't contain the UI in their template.

2010年6月9日 上午 01:31
  • Hi KeFand,

I think I will stay away from the future pack until it's final. That's somehow the policy here. However, regarding the MVC contrib. Initially, I won't consider it as the documentation seems really insufficient. With your recommendation, I will try it out once more to see whether it can work seamlessly with ASP.NET MVC.

Regards,

Alex

Alex Lau from HKSAR
    2010年6月11日 上午 03:07