Desktop Problem RRS feed

• 問題

•  

The Start Menu & the taskbar on the desktop doesn't show no matter how I configure it on the control panel. Wha tis the possible cause
    2008年7月2日 下午 12:29

解答

• Dear Customer,

I would like to confirm with you that whether this computer is a domain member.  If so, some group policy settings may cause this behavior.  You may verify the following registry key to see whether this value exists:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

Value Name: NoStartMenuMorePrograms

If the issue persists, you may boot the system into Safe Mode to see whether the issue still occurs.  To boot into Safe Mode, you can:

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.  On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the Boot Menu.

2. In "Windows Advanced Option Menu", use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.

3. If you are running other operating systems on the computer, click Microsoft Windows on the list that is displayed and then press ENTER.

If anything is unclear or you have any concerns, please feel free to post back.  I am glad to be of assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Tom Zhang

2008年7月22日 上午 07:58
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi Oliver,

Could you let us know what version of Windows do you use?

Have you try to do a virus scan? It may cause by virus/spy ware.

Good luck.
    2008年7月2日 下午 12:59
  • Your profiles was corrupted. You need to open another email account, rename the profile and regenerate it.

2008年7月7日 下午 03:22
  •  

You should able to call the Task Manager and use the new task action to call the following program to repair the task bar

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

2008年7月8日 上午 01:55
  • Dear Customer,

I would like to confirm with you that whether this computer is a domain member.  If so, some group policy settings may cause this behavior.  You may verify the following registry key to see whether this value exists:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

Value Name: NoStartMenuMorePrograms

If the issue persists, you may boot the system into Safe Mode to see whether the issue still occurs.  To boot into Safe Mode, you can:

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.  On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when you see the Boot Menu.

2. In "Windows Advanced Option Menu", use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.

3. If you are running other operating systems on the computer, click Microsoft Windows on the list that is displayed and then press ENTER.

If anything is unclear or you have any concerns, please feel free to post back.  I am glad to be of assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Tom Zhang

2008年7月22日 上午 07:58
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

2008年8月1日 上午 02:38
    版主