none
Error shown after computer scanned RRS feed

• 問題

• Another problem- why a message has poped up :"could not findthe file flash.ocx".  What is the problem in my computer?  How I can fix it?

2010年5月6日 上午 02:17

所有回覆

• Hi Umekichi,

You can try the following:

Try to upgrade the flash player on your computer if it doesn't work then

go to

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

and copy Flash10e.ocx<--[the name maybe different depends on the version installed on your computer, it may called Flash9x.ocx] and paste, so that it will called Copy-Flash10e.ocx then rename the copied version to flash.ocx.

Could you let us know if it could fix your issue please.

Hope this can help.

Chi
    2010年5月6日 上午 04:50
  • Hi, Chi,

Unfortunately, I tried few times that still poped up.  Tried to open "explore" to find out "system 32"-->Macromed-->then three files of ocx are there (flash 9b, 10c, 10e).  However, it didn't work even I have already gotton the latest version.  Should flash player icon be shown on desk top?

Your early reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Umekichi

2010年5月8日 上午 02:59
  • Hi Umekichi

Have you try to rename flash10e.ocx to flash.ocx as well?

Could you let us know which version of windows do u have?

Chi
    2010年5月8日 上午 03:47
  • Hi, Chi,

I am using XP professional.  I will try again

Umekichi

2010年5月8日 上午 04:41
  • Hi again, Chi

After changed the file name. then I can't see on line TV so that I have downloaded the flash player again.  But, it's still poping up.  Now the file names are "flash10.ocx, 10a & 10e", flash9 has been omitted automatically.  Other files are existsing : "flashplay.xpt, Flashutil10e.exe, intall.log,NPSWF32.dll, NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe, uninstall_activeX.exe"

Please let me know how can I fix it again?

Thanks & regards

Umekichi

2010年5月8日 下午 02:14
  • Hi Umekichi,

Could you let us know what application do you use to watch online TV  [and it popup]and also have u tried to duplicate flash10e.ocx to flash.ocx after you  reinstall Flash?

I have similar issue before and I use XP Home Preimum edition. It works for me...

Good luck.

Chi
    2010年5月8日 下午 03:24
  • Hi Chi,

Actually, I can't see TVB.com because it showed a message "something I ddin't have Active X control" so that I reinstall Flash player again.  After done it, can see but the "pop up" still happen even this morning. 

The problem is because of...................installation new software of HP printer or scanned the computer.  It happened after I have done the computer scan.  I really don't understand why it happened.

Now I have "flash9b, 10, 10c & 10e".  Is it related to another part of setting??  Please let me know how I can fix it because it's really trouble me ..................it is poping up from time to time & blocking what I am seeing.

Your early reply would be appreciated.

Thanks & regards

Umekicni

2010年5月10日 上午 02:35
  • Hi Umekichi,

Could you let us know if you have flash.ocx in the same folder as well?

Which anti-virus software do you use?

Chi
    2010年5月10日 上午 05:37
  • Hi Chi,

It's same folder & NOD Anti-virous.  I would like to know is there any problem that i installed HP printer new software?  Why it's poped up after i did the computer scan?

Umekichi

2010年5月10日 上午 09:21
  • Hi Umekichi,

I am sorry, I am not sure what is going wrong. Apart from copy and paste the flash9c.ocx and rename it to flash.ocx.

Maybe you can have a look on the article below, see if it can help. [however, it is more/less doing the similar thing]

http://blogs.chron.com/helpline/archives/2007/02/flashocx_error.html

Good luck

Chi
    2010年5月10日 上午 09:58
  • Hi Chi,

This time seems it works.  Because it didn't pop up yesterday whole day. For your reference, I have all of 5 ocx files.

Thank you for your assistance on this matter.

Best regards

Umekichi

2010年5月12日 上午 04:50