Windows XP Home / Windows SBS 2008 RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi There,

Our boss recently bought a Dell Vostro A90 (webook 8.6" screen). It comes pre installed with Windows XP Home.

We downloaded the SBS 2008 client deployment launcher (as we usually do) and ran it. Unfortunately it comes up with an error saying that it doesn't have the right compatablity and that it must have XP Pro.

Is there any way at all around this?

In any other situation I would just upgrade the webbook but as it doesnt have an optical drive its going to be a pain. Also it means sorting out a new windows license etc!

I'm obviously not interested in any hacks, but is there any updates I can run etc?

See screenshot

Any help would be appreciated!

J

2009年1月6日 下午 02:11

解答

• Dear Customer,

For assistance with sbs 2008, I suggest that you submit a new post in SBS 2008 Public Newsgroups

https://connect.microsoft.com/cougar/content/content.aspx?ContentID=8333

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2009年1月7日 上午 06:20
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi,

Windows XP Home is not supposed to using in networked environment with domain. I am afraid that it is your only choice to purchase a full Windows XP Pro and install it into the Webbook.

Since there have no CD Drive, you may using external CD drive or USB.

Hope this helps.

2009年1月6日 下午 03:37
  • Note that one of the main difference between XP Home and XP Pro is XP Pro can join as a  domain member and be managed by Windows Server AD environment via domain policy.

There is no such update for your situation.

Go get a bootable USB CD-ROM Drive that compatible with your netbook and upgrade the windows to XP Pro.(Beware of the HD if your netbook don't got a large enought harddisk)

2009年1月6日 下午 05:44
  • Dear Customer,

For assistance with sbs 2008, I suggest that you submit a new post in SBS 2008 Public Newsgroups

https://connect.microsoft.com/cougar/content/content.aspx?ContentID=8333

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2009年1月7日 上午 06:20
    版主