none
An addrss list service is active cannot be found RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Dear sir

I get a error message when I create a new mailbox for the existing user.

"An Exchange 2007 Server on which an address list service is active cannot be found"

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Laurence

2008年10月10日 下午 12:08

解答

• Hi Laurence,

First thing I would ask, is Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service running on Exchange server where you are creating mailbox?

Check in service.msc and if it is not running then start it and wait for 5 minutes and try to create mailbox again.

2008年10月10日 下午 02:43

所有回覆

• Hi Laurence,

First thing I would ask, is Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service running on Exchange server where you are creating mailbox?

Check in service.msc and if it is not running then start it and wait for 5 minutes and try to create mailbox again.

2008年10月10日 下午 02:43
  • Hi Amit Tank

You're right. The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service was stop on Exchange Server. I can create mailbox now.

Thanks your vary much

Laurence

2008年10月10日 下午 06:13
  • Glad to hear that… You are welcome...

2008年10月10日 下午 06:15
  •  Amit Tank wrote:

Glad to hear that… You are welcome...

Hi,

i am getting same issue and check the system attended too, it is running but prblem still persist.

The following troubleshooting steps were performed for the resolution of the issue :

·         Verifying Exchange services.   All services were running properly including the System Attendant.

·         Re-started the System Attendant services. (As mentioned in many technical forums).

·         Performed Failover of the Cluster. Successful but the issues persists.

·         Shifting FSMO roles to other domain controllers.

Your prompt support will be highly appreciated.

2009年1月24日 上午 05:49
  •  

Problem:

Not able to add new mailboxes in current exchange environment. The following practices are termed unsuccessful:

·Creation new Mailbox.

· Modifying any Mailbox.

Errors Generated:

· “The address list service on the server is not running

· “An Exchange 2007 server on which an address list service is active cannot be found.”

Cause:

This Knowledge base describes the problem that may be caused by missing or deleting computer object name of Virtual Machine (PKKHICS01E07) in Active directory.

Note:

Verify the existence of “PKKHICS01E07” computer object name in Active Directory. If it doesn’t exist so,

Don’t try to create the computer name object manually.

Resolution:

To resolve this issue, do the following steps.

1.     Take the session of PKKHICS01E07 and go to Start > Cluster Administrator.

2.     In a right pan select “Network Name (PKKHICS01E07)” right click on it and brings it offline.

3.     Take the properties of “Network Name (PKKHICS01E07)”, under its property select the parameter tab.

4.     Remove both checks from check boxes and then click apply and ok.

5.     Bring “Network Name (PKKHICS01E07)” online and then bring it offline again.

6.     Follow the Steps 2 and 3 and checked the uncheck boxes.

7.     Bring “Network Name (PKKHICS01E07)” online, when it becomes online then

8.     In left pan bring “PKKHICS01E07” online under “Groups”.

9.     Now verify the existence of “PKKHICS01E07” computer object name in Active Directory.

10.  Now check the health of exchange server by means of any modification in users’ mailbox.

2009年3月26日 上午 07:02