none
How can I access mailbox from exchange system manager RRS feed

• 問題

•  

How can I access mailbox from exchange system manager to manage message in mailbox(delete unwanted message).
    2008年9月4日 上午 03:07

解答

• Hello,

How many users & messages affected? If it is only a few users & messages and yur company policy allow IT Admin cannot & modify users mailboxes directly. you can grand those problem mailboxes Full access with "Receive As" & "Send As" to your account. you can open the problem mailboxes directly to remove unwant messages.

2008年9月5日 上午 04:24
  •  

Dear customer:

Thanks for Chaub’s reply.

In Exchange server 2003, by default Exchange full administrator doesn’t have send as and receive as permission on mailbox store. that is why you can’t run Exmerge tool.

You can refer to the following article to fix the issue.

When the Mailbox Merge Program Tries to Open the Message Store, the Operation Is Unsuccessful

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322312/en-us

Hope it helps. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年9月12日 上午 08:26
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear customer:

Why do you want to do that? This can lead to violate the privacy of individuals and disobey company sceurity policy. So we are unable to open mailbox via ESM.

Please let me know your actual idea, thus maybe I can give your more help.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年9月4日 上午 07:17
    版主
  • There are someone sent an uncomfort message to our user group within all our staff.

I need to delete this message in all mailbox. I had try to use EXmerge but fail. I had read the log said that can't open the mail box.

please read example of the parts of log file .

Best regards,

Lewis

example:

[12:09:32] Logging Level: None
    [12:09:32] Initializing worker thread (Thread0)
    [12:09:32] (Thread0) processing the range of mailboxes from '??' to 'Dr. Huang' (index 0 to 34)
    [12:09:32] Copying data from mailbox '??' ('B.LIN') on Server 'MAIL1' to file 'D:\EXDATA2008SEPT04\B.LIN.PST'.
    [12:09:32] Error extracting information from server DN '' (CMapiSession::GetInfoFromProfile)
    [12:09:32] Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox '??' ('B.LIN').
    [12:09:33] Copying data from mailbox 'Administrator' ('ADMINISTRATOR') on Server 'MAIL1' to file 'D:\EXDATA2008SEPT04\ADMINISTRATOR.PST'.
    [12:09:34] Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)
    [12:09:34] Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox 'Administrator' ('ADMINISTRATOR').
    [12:09:34] Copying data from mailbox 'Alan Ho' ('ALAN.HO') on Server 'MAIL1' to file 'D:\EXDATA2008SEPT04\ALAN.HO.PST'.
    [12:09:35] Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)
    [12:09:35] Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox 'Alan Ho' ('ALAN.HO').
    [12:09:35] Copying data from mailbox 'Alex Gu' ('ALEX.GU') on Server 'MAIL1' to file 'D:\EXDATA2008SEPT04\ALEX.GU.PST'.

2008年9月4日 上午 07:58
  • Hello,

How many users & messages affected? If it is only a few users & messages and yur company policy allow IT Admin cannot & modify users mailboxes directly. you can grand those problem mailboxes Full access with "Receive As" & "Send As" to your account. you can open the problem mailboxes directly to remove unwant messages.

2008年9月5日 上午 04:24
  •  

Dear customer:

Thanks for Chaub’s reply.

In Exchange server 2003, by default Exchange full administrator doesn’t have send as and receive as permission on mailbox store. that is why you can’t run Exmerge tool.

You can refer to the following article to fix the issue.

When the Mailbox Merge Program Tries to Open the Message Store, the Operation Is Unsuccessful

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322312/en-us

Hope it helps. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年9月12日 上午 08:26
    版主