ping host name failed, but nslookup ok RRS feed

• 問題

• I have just added 4 x DNS entry for my SUN Solaris, however sometime we try to ping the host name was failed to reply, but nslookup is ok at the same time.

i have tried c:\>ipconfig /flushdns already, but still can't ping the host name

DNS Server Platform: Windows 2003 Server 32bit SP2

Client Platform: Window 2000, XP Professional.

any ideas about this problem?  Thanks.

Many Thanks

2008年5月30日 上午 04:06

解答

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for posing!

First, please check the hosts file to see if there are any abnormal entries.

Then, please use the "ipconfig /all" command to ensure that the computer has correct DNS server configuration. If you configure DNS information statically, please check whether it is configured properly in the TCP/IP properties. If you use DHCP to distribute DNS information automatically, please check whether the DNS server information is configured correctly on the DHCP server.

After you check the DNS server information, please run the following commands to flush the DNS cache, and then re-register DNS server in the

Command window:

Ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

If this problem continues, please help me collect the ipconfig and the DNS configuration information so that I can perform further research on this issue.

Hope it helps. Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月30日 上午 06:27
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for posing!

First, please check the hosts file to see if there are any abnormal entries.

Then, please use the "ipconfig /all" command to ensure that the computer has correct DNS server configuration. If you configure DNS information statically, please check whether it is configured properly in the TCP/IP properties. If you use DHCP to distribute DNS information automatically, please check whether the DNS server information is configured correctly on the DHCP server.

After you check the DNS server information, please run the following commands to flush the DNS cache, and then re-register DNS server in the

Command window:

Ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

If this problem continues, please help me collect the ipconfig and the DNS configuration information so that I can perform further research on this issue.

Hope it helps. Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月30日 上午 06:27
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

Have you solved your problem yet? If anything unclear, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Tom Zhang

2008年6月2日 上午 06:48
    版主