windows 2008 server R2 - physical memory is too high. RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi,

I am using windows 2008 server R2, I have found that the physical memory usage is too high.  I tried to use the Rammap to check with the server and the mapped file shows very high.  After I rebooted the server, it seems back to normal but the physical memory will keep going up again.  Please kindly advise me how to solve this issue.

2012年6月14日 上午 09:48

所有回覆

• Hi,

The Msmpeng.ese may consume the CPU and memory when a scan is running.

Meantime, this issue may also occur when there is a conflict with the other processes or services.

To narrow down the issue, please try the Clean Boot to determine whether the 3rd party application cause this issue.

Please follow the article in the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

In addition, I would to know whether the issue always happen.

如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    Description: Description: TechNet 论坛好帮手立刻免费下载  TechNet 论坛好帮手

2012年6月15日 上午 08:27
    版主
  • Hi,

Actually, I have a Firebird Database (v2.5.0), when I tried to backup the database, the performance tab of the task manager shows physical memory usage keep going up.  After the backup is finished, the physical memory usage still cannot be back to the normal.  It works fine on Windows 2003 server but not in windows 2008 server.  So, I am just wondoring whether any setting can help to solve this issue in windows 2008 server.

2012年6月18日 上午 09:23
  • Hi,

I am afraid that you only calculated the Private Memory Usage. Please open Resource Monitor and switch to Memory tab to calculate theCommit, Working Set, Shareable and Private Memory Usage. In addition, also add theHardware Reserved Memory Usage.

For more information, please download and read the following blog:

Make Sense of Memory Management and Key Memory Measurements

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff382715.aspx

2012年7月5日 上午 02:20
    版主
  • Hi,

I am afraid that you only calculated the Private Memory Usage. Please open Resource Monitor and switch to Memory tab to calculate theCommit, Working Set, Shareable and Private Memory Usage. In addition, also add theHardware Reserved Memory Usage.

For more information, please download and read the following blog:

Make Sense of Memory Management and Key Memory Measurements

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff382715.aspx

I have searched for long time but still cannot find any solutions.  There are some solution, I have found on the internet. 

1) Use Rammap from Sysinternals to "Empty System Working Set", it works but I need to do it manually all the time.

2) Someone said I can ask MS to send me the DynCache fix for 2008 R2.

Therefore, the question I need to ask as below:

Can I run the empty working set in Rammap automatically?  Any scripts to run this?

Do anyone have the DynCache fix for 2008 R2 64bit?

2012年7月23日 上午 08:30