none
Problme about create new site under MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear friends,

I need your help.

I've installed a MOSS 2007 and everything correct (without any error message in the event log). However, When I tried to create a top-level site, those site is WSS style and not MOSS style. How do I know ? Because I tried to change the "Navigation" setting under "Look and Feel". But, I cannot find it. It replaced by "Top Link Bar" & "Quick Launch". I knows this is WSS style.

Could anyone for help ?

2008年11月19日 上午 06:44

解答

•  

Dear customer:

You can also try to use the following command to active the feature and check the effect.

stsadm -o activatefeature -name <feature folder> -url [your site url here] –force

For more information about stsadm -o activatefeature, please refer to the following article:

Activatefeature: Stsadm operation (Windows SharePoint Services)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288160.aspx

Hope it helps.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年11月25日 上午 09:40
    版主

所有回覆

• Which site template you've used when you create the top level site?  The look and feel, functions and features of a site is highly depends on the template you've chosen.

2008年11月19日 上午 07:46
  • Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've created a top-level site called - Test and also created all site templates within Test site. The strange is: The templates lists are included all MOSS templates here but, the look and feel doesn't same as MOSS default.

BTW, the default site which created by MOSS during installation is typical MOSS site (Which look and feel seciton has "Navigation" )

2008年11月19日 上午 07:58
  • Hi tscr701nt,

I'm using MOSS 2007 and I can see "Top Link Bar" and "Quick Launch" under "Look & Feel" section as well.

Regards,
    Colt
    2008年11月19日 下午 03:27
  •  

Dear customer:

In order to better troubleshoot the issue, please help collect the following information;

1.       Please let me know the site template that you have selected when you create the top site, such as collaboration---collaboration portal,

2.       “Because I tried to change the "Navigation" setting under "Look and Feel". But, I cannot find it. It replaced by "Top Link Bar" & "Quick Launch". I knows this is WSS style.” Send the screenshot of it to v-rocwan@microsoft.com for analyze.

Note: when you send e-mail to me, please let me know the subject of the post.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年11月20日 上午 07:03
    版主
  • Hi Rock,

Thanks for your reply and I've found the cause due to the "Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" in "Site Collection Features" didn't active automatically when the new top-level site created. I've tried to active manually and the problem was fixed.

However, another problem is occurred when I tried to activate this service on the new created top-level site. It display a message said

"Failed to activate feature 'PublishingPrerequisites' (ID: a392da98-270b-4e85-9769-04c0fde267aa) at scope 'http://sps.abc.com.hk/sites/test' "

What's wrong ??

Could you please help on this ? Many thanks !

2008年11月20日 上午 07:46
  • Hi,

I have similar experience in the past and you may take a look at my blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/coltk/archive/2008/09/09/activate-sharepoint-publishing-infrastructure-feature-failed.aspx

Regards,

Colt

2008年11月20日 下午 02:29
  •  

Dear customer:

Thanks for your reply.

From the following reply, I found you have resolved the issue.

Thanks for your reply and I've found the cause due to the "Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" in "Site Collection Features" didn't active automatically when the new top-level site created. I've tried to active manually and the problem was fixed.

However, another problem is occurred when I tried to activate this service on the new created top-level site. It display a message said

"Failed to activate feature 'PublishingPrerequisites' (ID: a392da98-270b-4e85-9769-04c0fde267aa) at scope 'http://sps.abc.com.hk/sites/test' "

Now you have the new issue, please help collect the following information:

1.       Send the screenshot of the error to me for analyzes.

2.       Open the site that you have created, click site action---site settings---modify all site setting---site Collection Features, send the screenshot of it to me.

3.       Please let me know the site template that you have selected when you create the top site, such as collaboration---collaboration portal,

Note: when you send e-mail to me, please let me know the subject of the post.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年11月21日 上午 08:12
    版主
  •  

Dear customer:

You can also try to use the following command to active the feature and check the effect.

stsadm -o activatefeature -name <feature folder> -url [your site url here] –force

For more information about stsadm -o activatefeature, please refer to the following article:

Activatefeature: Stsadm operation (Windows SharePoint Services)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288160.aspx

Hope it helps.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年11月25日 上午 09:40
    版主